Extended Warranty?? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #1

Alaska
Extended Warranty??

Hi,

We are ten days away from picking up our Voltage 3800! We will be driving the Alaska Highway south in November to pick up our trailer and take it on its first road !

As we get closer, we are working through the final details and we were presented with the Extended Warranty questions today.

We would love to hear your opinion/ experience. Is the seven year full coverage warranty worth it? How about the paint protection warranty?

Thank you for your advice!

Sam and Bekah

Sam & Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:35 AM   #2

North Carolina
Just opinion here... I typically don’t do extended warranties, maybe 2 or three times in my life; $2,500 60" plasma TV 5 years ago - not used yet, pressure washer from Northern tool - used it 4 times so far for 100% free replacement units...
All said, I did go with the extended warranty on our 2014 3895 - for $1,700 against the cost of the unit and thinking about just a few high cost items that could break it was really a no "brainer" - Fridge $3,400, hydraulic leveling jacks $1,500 each(x6), generator $5,000, 4 TV's $?,???, microwave, AC units, etc., etc., etc....
Hopefully never need it, but if we do it is there - as far as insurance goes, pretty affordable - I think this one was well worth the $$$

Treadwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #3

Colorado
I generally am against extended warranties on most items (TV's, electronics, etc) but when it comes to vehicles I go for it. We bought a 2008 Land Rover with 50K miles on it. Got a 3 year extended warranty and it's already paid for itself. When we got our 2014 Kodiak 240BHSL it was a no brainer for us. Not only does it cover the camper but also the tires on the tow vehicle and towing of both.
rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #4

Ontario
Ditto. Went for 6-yr extension, 2 months before 1-yr expired. Cost was~$2400. (Less if purchased on day one? probably a bit). Dealer described it as "bumper to bumper". Turns out, that's only true for mechanical and electrical components. It didn't cover a leaky window I just experienced. Dug out contract and very-fine print states seals not covered. Hmmmm. Oh well, a bit of caulk fixed the leak and I still rest assured that big/expensive items are covered. Also added ext warranty (mileage and years) on our toyhauler hauler, a 2012 RAM.
2010 Yamaha YZ125
mikesnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Ditto here. I normally do not take extended warranties, especially today with all of the throw aways. However, I did on the RV. Things are too costly to fix. Ours was $1300 for 5 years.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #6

Prince Edward Island
This is the second trailer I purchased the extended warranty for. The first was my Jayco which I never used, but the fact that I had it made my life a lot more relaxed. The one trailer I wish I had bought an extended warranty for was my Keystone. I sent them a full page .... Yes a full page of issues I was having with my trailer. Keystone's response.... Sorry you are having so many problems. I guess that's why they stopped production of the Zeppelin after only 4 years.
Peisteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #7

Texas
Ditto here too!!! never know when you might need it!!! lets hope you never need to use it!!! happy trails.

poup5 is offline   Reply With Quote