Endurance 3706G - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2019, 10:35 PM   #1

Alabama
Endurance 3706G

My wife and I purchased an Endurance 3706G TT on Friday. This is our 1st TH, came from a 5th wheel. Pulling with a Chevy 2500. From what I understand, the pin weight is different from travel trailers. Dry weight of 9600lbs with a 1300lb pin weight? I assumed I had enough truck, but this thing is a beast. Truck pulls it fine, But what about weight? 2500ish payload on my Chevy. Do y’all see any concerns? We hauled our golf cart, 6 bikes and some more small stuff, handled fine

PRKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #2

Indiana
Are you using a weight distribution hitch and sitting level? Check online for the specs for your truck. It should give you the max tow weight etc.

Viper67z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:31 PM   #3

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper67z View Post
Are you using a weight distribution hitch and sitting level? Check online for the specs for your truck. It should give you the max tow weight etc.
Yes, I fall under all the max weight ratings. I haven’t weighed with golf cart and bikes yet, hoping that relieves some of the tongue weight.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #4

Indiana
Load it and check the weight. In my experience, you don't want the weight shifted too much to the trailer. It will make the tail wag the dog. Measure the height from ground to rim of wheel well both before and after. See how level you are. Adjust hitch accordingly. There is a great video on line from Reese hitch that shows all the do's and don'ts.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:01 AM   #5

Alabama
Well we made an 8-9 Hour trip to Orlando fully loaded with golf cart, bikes etc and what a ride down... trailer and truck were all over the place. I assumed I didn’t have enough tongue weight so I filled the fresh water tank before we came back. That helped a lot but still a little bit of nervous times(nothing like the ride down). I think the hitch needs to be lowered. It’s installed at a height of 25 and 1/2”. Did find it interesting that with 1100+ lbs loaded in back and 650lbs+ lbs of of fresh water in front, my hitch weight is within 50lbs of the TH not loaded with anything.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:09 AM   #6

Indiana
Well it does sound like hitch may be too high or too much tension on the distribution arms. Assuming you checked the heights like I mentioned before. Did you check out the videos on hitch set up?
Old 04-28-2019, 03:18 AM   #7

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper67z View Post
Well it does sound like hitch may be too high or too much tension on the distribution arms. Assuming you checked the heights like I mentioned before. Did you check out the videos on hitch set up?
I did check out the videos, thanks. I put my trust in the dealership that they did it right ha. Interesting tidbit about the arms... the dealership swapped out my hitches and the new ones are really hard to get the bars into place to pin down. I have to put a lot body behind one of them to get it on. The original hitch and bars were easy to get on
Old 04-28-2019, 06:03 PM   #8

Indiana
Here's a little trick someone showed me. Once you figure out the correct loop you're going to use, lower the trailer until it makes contact with the ball then hook the distribution bars at that link. After that lower the trailer and complete the hook up. You might have to lower the trailer a little more than initial contact to make the draw hooks hold in place. This makes connecting the trailer and distribution bars so much easier.