Endurance 3556G A/C - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #1

Texas
Endurance 3556G A/C

We have a 2018 Endurance 3556G and have never had the a/c working in garage area. Is there a trick to getting it going or is something wrong with the A/C that it doesn’t throw air into the garage vents? Frustrated!!

HeatherVela1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:42 PM   #2

Illinois
Don't have your make or model so just guessing. Is AC working but nothing out of vents? If so, it may be in dump mode so air just comes out of bottom of AC. Close those vents and air will move to vents. Or, could be your thermostat. Make sure it is set to AC and on Zone 2 or whatever it's called. If you have 2 AC's you'll have two zones. Good luck.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:07 PM   #3

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Don't have your make or model so just guessing. Is AC working but nothing out of vents? If so, it may be in dump mode so air just comes out of bottom of AC. Close those vents and air will move to vents. Or, could be your thermostat. Make sure it is set to AC and on Zone 2 or whatever it's called. If you have 2 AC's you'll have two zones. Good luck.
Rusty
I have a Dometic unit with two zones. Not sure what the model is and don’t know how to find out. The filter unit has a dump slid vent and it’s closed. Air comes out in living room but not in garage area. Bedroom had it’s own unit.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:23 PM   #4

Texas
Image attached. Thank you for the reply by the way. Appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	4747  
Old 05-27-2018, 09:53 PM   #5

Tennessee
I wouldn't be shocked it the duct work was disconnected or otherwise blocked by debris, it's happened before.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:23 PM   #6

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I wouldn't be shocked it the duct work was disconnected or otherwise blocked by debris, it's happened before.
I was thinking never connected. We’ve owned the unit about 2 months and it’s never worked 😔
Old 06-04-2018, 01:17 AM   #7
RPM

Tennessee
We have a 3556 also and could not cool the garage area at all. We ended up installing a 3rd ac unit back there. Used it this weekend and all is fine, everyone was cool.
RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #8

Texas
I have the same problem

Going to look for obstructions in the duct work. According to Dutchman Keystone Customer Service, the Garage is supposed to be ducted. Could be obstructed or disconnected. Strange as there seem to be more than one with this problem.
Bengal65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:40 PM   #9

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal65 View Post
Going to look for obstructions in the duct work. According to Dutchman Keystone Customer Service, the Garage is supposed to be ducted. Could be obstructed or disconnected. Strange as there seem to be more than one with this problem.
Had ours looked at and it seems that if the bed is up the air doesn't flow correctly. The vent in living room on actual roof unit must be closed to push air to the back. Lower the to bed some and point vents towards the door. Helped to cool ours down.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:07 PM   #10

Texas
I have the main unit vent dampers closed on both units. I get air in the bedroom and living area coming out the ceiling vents, but nothing in the garage ceiling vents I've been right up on the ceiling and not even a slight breeze. I'm thinking of pulling the vent caps off and maybe running a fish tape or a flashlght through the ducts to see if there is an obstruction or a disconnect somewhere.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:27 PM   #11

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal65 View Post
I have the main unit vent dampers closed on both units. I get air in the bedroom and living area coming out the ceiling vents, but nothing in the garage ceiling vents I've been right up on the ceiling and not even a slight breeze. I'm thinking of pulling the vent caps off and maybe running a fish tape or a flashlght through the ducts to see if there is an obstruction or a disconnect somewhere.
That would be my next step. The service person did state that sometimes there is obstructions in ducts since there is actual no duct work but cut outs in insulation that sometimes they insulation either wasn't removed or feel back in place blocking airflow. Sorry couldn't be of more help. I still don't feel like the air conditioner is sufficient for that garage area.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:00 PM   #12

Texas
Perfect explanation. Thank you. If the factory did not run hard ducting in these units that explains everything! There is no way the fan in these A/C units can push enough air through passageways in the insulation. There simply is not any good surface area to gain velocity. The air just dampens out in the insulation. I’m going to install a 3rd unit and wire it to 30 amp outlet. So, when at the RV park I can plug into the 50 and 30 amp sockets on the pedestal.
Thanks again.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:49 PM   #13

Michigan
There are a few threads on here about retaping and propping open the ducts. Made a world of difference in my rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160506 Before 1.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	4994   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160506 After 1.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	4995   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160506 Vent After.jpg
Views:	260