Dutchmen WAS garbage IMO - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #1

Saskatchewan
Dutchmen WAS garbage IMO

Thanks to this site. I can honestly say im so glad to be rid of my toyhauler. It was ALWAYS something, I mean Always. I didnt buy it to be working on it constantly. The fit and finish was a joke. For the Price of these things. What a joke..............Thanks again to everyone on this site, you were all very very very helpful and nice and it was always great spit balling ideas around.

walleyesb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:53 AM   #2

Colorado
All the best as you look towards another RV!

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 02:28 AM   #3

Nevada
Walley, Hope you have better lucky on your next one… Most of us have had a few other RV's along the way, 5 for me, I had good ones and bad ones, My Montana never see the Dealer after it left the Lot, My Fuzion was Garbage…...
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:28 AM   #4

Colorado
But when I win the Powerball!!.....

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:04 PM   #5

Pennsylvania
Yep, I have to agree. We've had ours for ten months, three of them spent in the shop in total. Major problems that one simply cannot discover during the pre delivery walk through. Fit & finish, mechanicals, running gear, paid for options that were not installed, you name it we have problems with it. Sad thing is, many are too big for the dealer to handle and we are left without hope by having to take it back repeatedly for the same things. We invested a big chunk of our retirement savings into this thing and now truly regret it. We thought of trading it in, but since it's the current model year would take a huge beating. I would not recommend anyone purchase a Voltage model. Edit: We too have purchased many new RVs over the past 30 years and expected to have the usual issues that crop up with them. This thing is in a category of it's own, very discouraging.

2015 Voltage 3305, Gone for Good !
2014 Ram 3500 dually, Aisin, Gone but not Forgotten.
2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #6

Oklahoma
But they're damn purty
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #7

Mississippi
We had a 2014 3950. No major problems.

Had the microwave changed out under warranty and little things i fixed rather than sit at dealer for months. What type of problems are you having? Everyone complained about the Swintech slide outs but we never had a problem, but we ensured we had leveled before opening slides.
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #8

Pennsylvania
I would need to go through and get my list of things, what I can remember off hand.... I fixed many things myself such as both air conditioners, front one had a broken squirrel cage fan, both had gaps between warm and cold air ducts causing nearly no air flow. I fixed the kitchen slide out trim that kept falling off. I also fixed some wiring issues on the control panel, wires weren't crimped into the connectors. I fixed the microwave mount since there was no wood for the top screws, they were there for show I guess. Had the rear door replaced wouldn't latch closed, kept popping open. After four tries finally got the recliner replaced that was broken from before delivery. After fighting with Keystone, finally got the dealer to install the sub woofer that was supposed to come with the $500 speaker upgrade (we had no sub woofer at all). Sadly the dealer blew up the sub when they installed it. Got it home turned on the stereo and got a loud motor boat vibration from inside the cabinetry. They had the gain turned up to max and blew up the speaker, also the amp was wired hot and killed the battery. The rear pull down screen in the garage is broken, hanging down. Can only fill the fresh water tanks to 1/3 full about 30 gallons. black water valve leaks through, cannot sit on the edge of the bed since the pedestal is off center by 8" and the mattress hangs over too far. Toilet will not hold water in the bowl. Trim work damaged and still cannot get it replaced, hunks of wood missing, noted at pre delivery, cant get it fixed. LED lights hanging down from the awning. There is a huge hole under the bathroom vanity that an electric razor could fit through. None of the kitchen drawers will latch closed. And the latest is the right rear tire is grinding off the outside edge. All other tires are fine. There's more but it just makes me crazy thinking about it.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:34 AM   #9

Mississippi
Wow I completely understand. I would be very frustrated!
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:54 AM   #10

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompwil View Post
Yep, I have to agree. We've had ours for ten months, three of them spent in the shop in total. Major problems that one simply cannot discover during the pre delivery walk through. Fit & finish, mechanicals, running gear, paid for options that were not installed, you name it we have problems with it. Sad thing is, many are too big for the dealer to handle and we are left without hope by having to take it back repeatedly for the same things. We invested a big chunk of our retirement savings into this thing and now truly regret it. We thought of trading it in, but since it's the current model year would take a huge beating. I would not recommend anyone purchase a Voltage model. Edit: We too have purchased many new RVs over the past 30 years and expected to have the usual issues that crop up with them. This thing is in a category of it's own, very discouraging.
did you purchase it from Grumbines? theyre horrible. still will not give us items promised that we were supposed to have last December when we picked it up. now they will not even call back or answer emails. I was sure to give the factory rep an earful at the Hershey show and he promised a call from Dutchmen but so far nothing.
Real Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:24 AM   #11

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Hummer View Post
did you purchase it from Grumbines? theyre horrible. still will not give us items promised that we were supposed to have last December when we picked it up. now they will not even call back or answer emails. I was sure to give the factory rep an earful at the Hershey show and he promised a call from Dutchmen but so far nothing.
Yep Grumbines. They are at about a 30% success rate for repairs, Sometimes things get worse after they work on it. I was told three times parts are here bring it in. Three times the broken recliner, damaged table top and missing sub were not fixed, all identified at pre-delivery. Finally the beginning of August, I asked Keystone if the parts were ordered and was not surprised to hear they weren’t. We had to go there and inform them we were not leaving until the parts were ordered. An hour later we were presented with an order verification, although I still called Keystone to verify. That is the only way we got those three (or 2 out of 3) items fixed. Buyer beware of this dealer and this brand. Poor quality & construction coupled with lousy dealer support has made this a nightmare. Keystone has so far only given us lip service and contested the tire problem. They tried to claim the tire wore on the outside edge due to overloading, yes folks only one tire wears when overloaded with a 900lb golf cart in a unit that claims 4K lbs. payload capacity with a max of 2,500lbs in the garage. A call to Lippert and some web research quickly debunked that theory. Lippert believes the spindle may be bent. Crickets from Keystone for several days now.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #12

California
Hi Thompwil, I'm newbie to site, but isn't your Voltage a Dutchman product ? I know that Thor is the parent company, but does Keystone own Dutchman too ?

I'm considering a new Aerolite or an Outback Terrain, but these negative posts are making me think twice about it.

Now- '07 Trailmanor 2720. Soon- Lance 1985
TV- '13 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4 Ecoboost w/ MaxTow Pkg
Redtail cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:17 PM   #13
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail cruiser View Post
Hi Thompwil, I'm newbie to site, but isn't your Voltage a Dutchman product ? I know that Thor is the parent company, but does Keystone own Dutchman too ?

I'm considering a new Aerolite or an Outback Terrain, but these negative posts are making me think twice about it.
Dutchmen got so crappy that they handed the management over to Keystone a while back. So technically Dutchmen has ceased to exist. Unfortunately much of the RV industry has consolidated and a name is just that. In fact it isn't just the RV industry anymore, it is just about everything; bicycles, small appliances, clothing, etc. It is all about branding, profits and executive compensation and less about quality and customer satisfaction.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:36 PM   #14

California
Do any members have opinions on La Mesa RV? They are the dealership I'm considering buying from. They have multiple locations in the western states and have bragged to me that they're all about customer satisfaction.

Now- '07 Trailmanor 2720. Soon- Lance 1985
TV- '13 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4 Ecoboost w/ MaxTow Pkg
Redtail cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote