Does your 2014 Voltage have an LCI remote control? - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #21

Wyoming
While, as I stated above, the remote issue isn't really a big thing for me... for those of you who want one, why not place a phone call to LCI direct and ask them if it can be added to your current system?

I mean... since it's an option item, I'm thinking that it's only a matter of wiring in a remote transmitter and plugging in a charger for the remote. If that's the case, it can't be all that expensive to purchase... and should only be about an hour of shop labor to install.

Just thinking out loud here...

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #22

Idaho
$868.18 in parts and estimated 12 hours of labor (it's NOT prewired for this) $600. Total- $1468.18.

A lot of money for something that should already be on it.

Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #23

Wyoming
OUCH... I stand corrected. Wow.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #24

Texas
Anyone that has a wireless reciever with no remote contact a co. named Gama inc. they make the system for lippert. I lost a remote, contacted them and got two. They are identical to the original.
nitreauxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #25

Texas
wow!!! I thought the epic package on there web site says remote on awnings and slides??? That is part of the whole package..
poup5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #26

Idaho
I'm finding out from a factory rep that during the 2013 model year the factory just stopped including it and that continued through 2014. Only now, with the Epic III are they offering it again. As a consumer, it just smacks of cheeziness. They just kind of slid it out under the rug and don't really give a hoot about the customers.
Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #27

New Mexico
As stated above the rxvr has to be wired in as it has to power the different systems it controls, I will look at gama to see what they charge as general rv was clueless during the pdi back in march.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #28

Texas
My 2013 came with the remote and I use it every time I set-up or take down.

Mine does not control the leveling system though. It does control both slides, the main awning and the outside security light. I asked about getting it to control the second awning and I was told it was not possible with my current set up.
soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:24 AM   #29

Washington
My 2014 3950 Epic II does not have the system, even though like others all the ones I looked at on the lots had it. Ordered mine from the factory, every option but paint and the rear winch. Was very bummed when it was not included. Talked to many about it and was told they no longer install it. I have the 6-point hydro level, with the control mounted in the pass. side bay.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #30

someone posted how to program the remote for different features or options the remote can control. something like press the power button 5 times to enter the programming mode. I have tried that and get nothing. Has anyone been successful in entering the programming mode with their remote. Mine only does and outside light, awnings and slides.
Any help in entering the programming mode would be helpful
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #31

Oklahoma
Can you post a pic of the remote? Different processes you know.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #32

Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
someone posted how to program the remote for different features or options the remote can control. something like press the power button 5 times to enter the programming mode. I have tried that and get nothing. Has anyone been successful in entering the programming mode with their remote. Mine only does and outside light, awnings and slides.
Any help in entering the programming mode would be helpful
I was able to get into the programming mode by pressing the button 5 times. It allowed me to add other items that are preprogrammed into the remote such as 2nd awning, additional slides, generator, lights, etc. (granted none of them actually did anything). I need to look at my controller board to see if there are additional spots available for programming functions, however the hardest part, and the one thing that will probably keep me from adding functions, will be the wiring.

Edit: Attached you will find instructions for programming the remote that I have. I'm not sure if yours is the same.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #33

I would be happy to post a picture but my one trip to the shop camper is guess where.. In the shop having a new Black water tank being replaced. This is the second tank since I have owned it in a whole year. Every time I go out the camper goes in (to the shop) to be repaired.. damn.. when is it going to end.. worse than a boat.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #34

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
I would be happy to post a picture but my one trip to the shop camper is guess where.. In the shop having a new Black water tank being replaced. This is the second tank since I have owned it in a whole year. Every time I go out the camper goes in (to the shop) to be repaired.. damn.. when is it going to end.. worse than a boat.

Don't feel so badly, I dropped 440 bucks this morning to the mobile tech to winterize my thing and to get the slide back in. Now I'm able to make the trip to Tulsa for the dealer to do his warranty magic on the 'oh so ever' broken slide mechanism.

Too bad service calls aren't covered under warranty. I guess crap is supposed to break down in the dealer's lot.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #35

North Carolina
Thanks for posting this thread. Though I haven't had a chance to use our new 3950 and everything seems cool, one thing I don't like is the fact there is no remote. Even my vengeance had a control that I could stand behind the tailgate and lower the feet on to my gooseneck.

It's kind of hard to drop a gooseneck trailer onto a gooseneck ball when you can't see the darn thing.

Though I don't have a remote to move the slides (it would be nice but not necc.) I sure would like to drop the front down while watching it.

Mark
orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #36

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
Thanks for posting this thread. Though I haven't had a chance to use our new 3950 and everything seems cool, one thing I don't like is the fact there is no remote. Even my vengeance had a control that I could stand behind the tailgate and lower the feet on to my gooseneck.

It's kind of hard to drop a gooseneck trailer onto a gooseneck ball when you can't see the darn thing.

Though I don't have a remote to move the slides (it would be nice but not necc.) I sure would like to drop the front down while watching it.

Mark

Just a follow up. I called Voltage today and they said that some of the trailers had the option of coming with a remote… (apparently not mine)

I'm going to look into do some wiring to make my own switch up front.

Mark
Old 12-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #37

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
Just a follow up. I called Voltage today and they said that some of the trailers had the option of coming with a remote… (apparently not mine)

I'm going to look into do some wiring to make my own switch up front.

Mark
There is a universal remote available from the receiver manufacturer for a mere 25 bucks. The remote is only numbered, no labels as to function but that's minor.

It's their standard 12 button RF transmitter. I don't have the part number but if you call them they will very sincerely provide you with the correct part and email you the programming instructions.

I can't say without a doubt the transmitter works because the receiver is in the rig in Tulsa and the just received remote is out front in my truck in Arizona.

GAMA Electronics, Inc - Custom Electronic Controls & Assemblies
Old 12-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #38

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
There is a universal remote available from the receiver manufacturer for a mere 25 bucks. The remote is only numbered, no labels as to function but that's minor.

It's their standard 12 button RF transmitter. I don't have the part number but if you call them they will very sincerely provide you with the correct part and email you the programming instructions.

I can't say without a doubt the transmitter works because the receiver is in the rig in Tulsa and the just received remote is out front in my truck in Arizona.

GAMA Electronics, Inc - Custom Electronic Controls & Assemblies

Thank you… I will call tomorrow and see if there is something that can be rigged up.

At absolute worst, I will see if it's possible to hardwire to and/or move the entire unit to where I can see my gooseneck.

Thanks,

Mark