Delamination - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #21

Texas
Sad and pathetic. I love RV's. Far more than I ever dreamed of for the decades I didn't have one.

But even so, I'd tell anyone that asks for my opinion, even loved ones, "IT'S A CRAP SHOOT! Know that going in."

Or put another way, don't expect the warranty in this industry to be a warranty. It might be honored, or it might be completely bogus.

Short-sheeting the roof is an egregious manufacturer defect. Shameful display of corporate integrity, or lack thereof.

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #22

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompwil View Post
Well, Keystone finally came through for us, kinda. After seeing the roof damage in the right rear corner on another owner’s FB post, I learned that owner did the repairs themselves. They discovered the roof material did not cover the decking completely so the factory covered the bare wood with lap sealant. So I called Keystone again, explained my thoughts on the issue and was given the following instructions. Take it to a certified Keystone dealer for assessment, if it is determined to be a manufacturing problem we will cover the repair. I explained I didn’t want the folks at Camping World touching it so they sent me a list of Keystone dealers to ask. The first one on the list said bring it in. Next day I get a call and bingo, no roof membrane covering the edge and bare wood covered with lap sealant. Called Keystone and asked them how to proceed? They asked me to have the dealer send in a preauthorization request. After filibustering for another two weeks, Keystone then denied the repair stating I should have caught it sooner. So having had all we could take of that POS Voltage and Keystone, we went to the Hershey RV show and traded the truck and trailer for a 2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE class A motorhome. Problem solved, thanks Keystone. Anybody looking to buy a nice golf cart?

I would definitely get in touch with TRALER LIFE MAGAZINE. I think you have a good case.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:05 PM   #23

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
I would definitely get in touch with TRALER LIFE MAGAZINE. I think you have a good case.
Good advice but it's over for me, I'm out. The new Winnebago is setting in the driveway. The past 2 1/2 years have been the worst dealing with the Voltage and Keystone. It was nonstop problems, and nonstop denials from the Manufacturer, and nonstop money for repairs. The Voltage was new RV number 7 for us and by far the worst experience ever. We hated looking at it in the driveway. It's gone and we both are happy to see it gone.

New RV #8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winnie 1.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	4435  

2015 Voltage 3305, Gone for Good !
2014 Ram 3500 dually, Aisin, Gone but not Forgotten.
2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:47 AM   #24

Florida
Quote:
Good advice but it's over for me, I'm out. The new Winnebago is setting in the driveway. The past 2 1/2 years have been the worst dealing with the Voltage and Keystone. It was nonstop problems, and nonstop denials from the Manufacturer, and nonstop money for repairs. The Voltage was new RV number 7 for us and by far the worst experience ever. We hated looking at it in the driveway. It's gone and we both are happy to see it gone.

New RV #8
I like your new ride!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:53 AM   #25

Arizona
Quote:
Well, Keystone finally came through for us, kinda. After seeing the roof damage in the right rear corner on another owner’s FB post, I learned that owner did the repairs themselves. They discovered the roof material did not cover the decking completely so the factory covered the bare wood with lap sealant. So I called Keystone again, explained my thoughts on the issue and was given the following instructions. Take it to a certified Keystone dealer for assessment, if it is determined to be a manufacturing problem we will cover the repair. I explained I didn’t want the folks at Camping World touching it so they sent me a list of Keystone dealers to ask. The first one on the list said bring it in. Next day I get a call and bingo, no roof membrane covering the edge and bare wood covered with lap sealant. Called Keystone and asked them how to proceed? They asked me to have the dealer send in a preauthorization request. After filibustering for another two weeks, Keystone then denied the repair stating I should have caught it sooner. So having had all we could take of that POS Voltage and Keystone, we went to the Hershey RV show and traded the truck and trailer for a 2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE class A motorhome. Problem solved, thanks Keystone. Anybody looking to buy a nice golf cart?
What kind of golf cart. Any pics?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Bigpuddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:44 PM   #26

Pennsylvania
It sold fairly quickly. Turned it into a flat towing setup for the Equinox. We’re enjoying the motor home so much. This is the third trip with it and everything is working as it should, no problems. Wishing everyone well.

Bill T

Old 11-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #27

Nevada
Bill, Happy for you, We have some much money in our RV's that you have to be happy, I know how you felt, I had a Fusion Toyhauler before my Voltage and even with me knowing how to fix things, It was one thing after another, we only had it for 9 months, and spent more time taking it to the Dealer.....My old RV was a Montana and we didn't have one thing go wrong, because they were build better..... I have been lucky with my Voltage, only 2 things have had to be repaired 3 years this month.....Good Luck with your new home, it looks great...
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #28

Pennsylvania
One Year Update.

Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to give an update and say Hi.

We had the new Winnebago 32YE for one year now. Spent Last January through April in Arizona, Cal, Texas, then to Florida. Made many shorter 1 to 2 week trips here in the northeast since then. We put over 12k miles on it and have not had it back for service yet. Everything is still working as it should with absolutely no problems that couldn't be fixed with a screwdriver or a small wrench. Oil and grease and regular routine maintenance is all and I do that myself. Oh,,, except for windshields. We took a huge rock in Texas, had it replaced in Quartzite in February. Then took a big rock in Florida in March. I'll chalk that up to my initiation into motorhome life. No problems since then.

I enjoyed being a part of this forum, great people and great info. One of the best forums on line. I've found a Winnie forum that is comparable with good info without the nonsense, so that's a good thing too.

Wishing everyone happy camping and safe travels
BT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome kayak.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	5006