dealer installed batterys - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #1

California
dealer installed batterys

I picked up our new 3800 last Saturday we have been playing around with it, getting to know how everything works and seem to run short on storage so looking in the front area where the batteries are kept I noticed water dripping , well it was battery acid dripping and splashing onto the Hydraulic ram and seems to have pitted it and discolored it. I had them install two 6 volt batteries , so the compartment has hole in the bottom (drainage) the dealers tech who installed the batteries screwed down the battery boxes with 2 self taping screws ea , then used a 2" hole saw and cut a 2" hole through the 2 plastic battery boxes and through the bottom of the storage area where the batteries are kept ? the plastic battery boxes are vented out side compartment, I hope the dealer will give me two more plastic battery boxes have the ram repaired and fill in the hole they cut in the storage compartment what do you all think ?

buckeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #2

New York
I would "document, document, document" everything, including photographs - email it to your dealer and copy Dutchmen Customer Service.

When doing so, make sure you reference your Vin# along with your make, model, year, your name!

Once that is done - and you get NO response, send a certified letter to both, referencing your email and include a copy of the email as well....

I have "many folders" of emails for each one of the 52 warranty issues on our toy hauler.....and so does Dutchmen!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeroo View Post
I picked up our new 3800 last Saturday we have been playing around with it, getting to know how everything works and seem to run short on storage so looking in the front area where the batteries are kept I noticed water dripping , well it was battery acid dripping and splashing onto the Hydraulic ram and seems to have pitted it and discolored it. I had them install two 6 volt batteries , so the compartment has hole in the bottom (drainage) the dealers tech who installed the batteries screwed down the battery boxes with 2 self taping screws ea , then used a 2" hole saw and cut a 2" hole through the 2 plastic battery boxes and through the bottom of the storage area where the batteries are kept ? the plastic battery boxes are vented out side compartment, I hope the dealer will give me two more plastic battery boxes have the ram repaired and fill in the hole they cut in the storage compartment what do you all think ?
I'd be seriously wondering from where the acid is leaking. Can't say the tech weenies overfilled the batteries because they come filled so....did one of these mental giants run one of those screws into a battery or did one of the screws penetrate the battery from the bottom?
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #4

California
Thanks for the info Ill do that
Old 11-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #5

California
Ok the battery acid is coming out the top batteries filled to the very top no room for expansion