Contacting Dutchmen (Keystone)... - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2014, 02:14 AM   #1

Nevada
Contacting Dutchmen (Keystone)...

I ordered a 3970 with full paint May 1. I was told it would take awhile. I stopped by and asked our salesman if he could check on the status and all I got was "I will try to find out". Has anyone had any luck trying to find out the status of their build? I have a vin and order number, just not sure who to call.

BnTinNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:18 AM   #2

California
It took 17 weeks to get our trailer. And yes, we heard the same thing.

Bmxboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #3

New York
Candy Rucker has been responding to my questions - ruckc@keystonerv.com

Just make sure you supply her with Make/Model/Vin#
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #4

Utah
Angry

Our Voltage V300 was missing the table when we picked it up in March. I've been waiting for 3 MONTHS just to get a new table from Dutchmen. Evidently the "wood shop" at Dutchmen is staffed by elves and they grow their own trees for wood products. 17 weeks for an entire trailer sounds pretty quick to me.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #5

Colorado
I called the factory number and insisted on talking to someone about our unit and where it is. On my second call I got put through to the "sales coordinator" who was able to tell me that it had left that day. Only to find out, sure, it left the factory... and was delivered to the "transportation company" lot where it sat for another week... before it finally headed to Denver.

I was given three reasons for it taking two months too long:

The company Dutchmen gets their hardwood for cabinets has sold everything to the Chinese. So they are struggling to find another supplier.

Dutchmen is having a difficult time getting. All the electronics. Ours sat "finished" waiting for the living area Sony TV, the bathroom granite countertop, and the Trail Air hitch.

Dutchmen is having problems with their Transportation Company having enough qualified drivers to make timely delivers.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:31 AM   #6

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
I called the factory number and insisted on talking to someone about our unit and where it is. On my second call I got put through to the "sales coordinator" who was able to tell me that it had left that day. Only to find out, sure, it left the factory... and was delivered to the "transportation company" lot where it sat for another week... before it finally headed to Denver.

I was given three reasons for it taking two months too long:

The company Dutchmen gets their hardwood for cabinets has sold everything to the Chinese. So they are struggling to find another supplier.

Dutchmen is having a difficult time getting. All the electronics. Ours sat "finished" waiting for the living area Sony TV, the bathroom granite countertop, and the Trail Air hitch.

Dutchmen is having problems with their Transportation Company having enough qualified drivers to make timely delivers.

Pirate
This says a lot for Just In Time Manufacturing (JIT)and out sourcing.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:14 AM   #7

Nevada
Pirate,
Would you mind sharing that factory number and do recall who the sales coordinator is?
Old 06-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #8

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVShort View Post
Our Voltage V300 was missing the table when we picked it up in March. I've been waiting for 3 MONTHS just to get a new table from Dutchmen. Evidently the "wood shop" at Dutchmen is staffed by elves and they grow their own trees for wood products. 17 weeks for an entire trailer sounds pretty quick to me.
They make 15 or more a day. A factory tour will back that up. Full paint takes a couple of days longer. When I bought mine I asked to speak with a representative of the company lol, what a joke... that never happened. You might want to look into getting your own table.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #9

Tennessee
Excuses, excuses, excuses.... jus sayin..... they all do it.... all of them!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:17 PM   #10

Colorado
OK, from what I can find in my notes:-
-
The regional rep for Dutchmen is Dan Hauser 801-691-3022 (cell)

The manufacturing plant is 574-537-0600 sorry, but I didn't write down the woman's name as the "sales coordinator".

But maybe it will help!

Pirate
Old 06-23-2014, 03:31 AM   #11

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper2b View Post
They make 15 or more a day. A factory tour will back that up. Full paint takes a couple of days longer. When I bought mine I asked to speak with a representative of the company lol, what a joke... that never happened. You might want to look into getting your own table.
Why is it that so many people cut these guys so much slack. They sell second rate products at premium prices.

If you paid for you deserve to receive what you paid for.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:42 AM   #12

Colorado
hddecker,

Well, what choice to we have? The 2014 Voltage Epic 3800 was our choice, so we ordered it.

Then things turn to a mess at Dutchmen, but I have to admit, they did have some weather delays in Indiana this Winter. No doubt about that.

So waiting was all we could do. I did let the GM at Windish know that when I call them, and they say they'll get back to me. That means before the close of business that day. Not when I call a day later.

In my career, and even now in retirement. You send me an e-mail. I'll at least send a response, as soon as I read yours" saying "got it, a lot going on, I'll respond more fully in a while". And I do!

If you call me, and I say I will get back to you. Then by the end of day, even if I haven't had any time to look after your concern. I'll call and tell you I've been busy, an update and a promise to follow up.

These days you send an e-mail or leave a voice-mail...and it must get automatically deleted!!!

Pirate
Old 06-23-2014, 04:20 AM   #13

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
hddecker,

Well, what choice to we have? The 2014 Voltage Epic 3800 was our choice, so we ordered it.

Then things turn to a mess at Dutchmen, but I have to admit, they did have some weather delays in Indiana this Winter. No doubt about that.

So waiting was all we could do. I did let the GM at Windish know that when I call them, and they say they'll get back to me. That means before the close of business that day. Not when I call a day later.

In my career, and even now in retirement. You send me an e-mail. I'll at least send a response, as soon as I read yours" saying "got it, a lot going on, I'll respond more fully in a while". And I do!

If you call me, and I say I will get back to you. Then by the end of day, even if I haven't had any time to look after your concern. I'll call and tell you I've been busy, an update and a promise to follow up.

These days you send an e-mail or leave a voice-mail...and it must get automatically deleted!!!

Pirate
Pirate,

I spent 40 years of my life work customer driven business and my feet were held to the fire when I didn't preform. When we had a service failure we bent over backwards to make it right for the customer.

I absolutely agree with you about communicating with the customer, being pro-active not reactive or non-communicative.

It just seems to me that the consumer is willing to accept less quality and less for service more money in this day and age.

I for one refuse to accept substandard products or service when I am footing the bill and the older I get the less patience I have for substandard products and workmanship.

I learned a valuable lesson very early in life, put it in writing and copy everyone under the sun. If I phone regarding a problem, I follow up with an as per our telephone conversation, spelling out my understanding of the resolution and the timeline committed to. I never use email to communicate my displeasure, Letters are a lot harder to ignore and if it's a registered letter it becomes almost impossible to ignore.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #14

Colorado
hddecker,

I'm with you! Maybe that's one reason we use online purchasing more and more...we don't have to deal with another person. But is that the right thing to do?

I don't the answer to that question.

Pirate
Old 06-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #15

New York
Well guys I guess you have a third person on board.....I to am the same way!
COA (cover your behind) and put it in writing!!!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #16

Nevada
Thanks Pirate for getting back to me with those #'s. I called Dan Hauser and got nowhere. I will try the sales coordinator next. I do agree with all of you about returning calls, and simply customer service, which I think is non-existent no matter where you go or who you deal with.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:12 PM   #17

Nevada
Just got off the phone with the sales coordinator her name is Abby. She was able to tell me exactly what was going on with our trailer.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #18

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BnTinNV View Post
Just got off the phone with the sales coordinator her name is Abby. She was able to tell me exactly what was going on with our trailer.

And the answer is????
Old 06-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #19

Nevada
Should have it by the end of the month due to a few items that was damaged during build.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #20

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BnTinNV View Post
Should have it by the end of the month due to a few items that was damaged during build.
Wow, you mean they are actually doing QC and fixing it in the factory, rather than shipping it to the dealer, so it can sit for months on their lot waiting for warranty approval and parts.