Considering Voltage Toy Hauler - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #1

Alaska
Considering Voltage Toy Hauler

Hi, we at the point of making a final decision on our next Toy Hauler and are very interested in the Voltage V3800 with all the bells and whistles. We would love to hear from those of you with your experience. Would you recommend the Voltage? How has your experience been with Dutchman? Suggestions? Thanks for your feedback.
Sam & Bekah

Sam & Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #2

Texas
Thumbs up

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	595

We've been living full time in our 2013 3895 since picking it up at the dealer in April. Absolutely love it. So far our problems consist of a few decals coming off and a small leak in the rear bathroom window. If you were considering a 3895 we would offer up info on a few design issue you would want to be aware of? Prior to this we owned an 08 Fuzion in which we measured all other trailers against. The voltage is now are new standard

2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #3

Oklahoma
I've been full timing in a 2013 3800 since March. I can't tell you how many miles I've pulled it but it's been from Sonora, Mexico to Arizona, Indiana, Colorado, Oklahoma and now in Kentucky.

All in all no major problems. Just the little 'joe home owner' things you have to do. I am waiting on the high temperature limit switch from the dealer but it hasn't been a major problem without it.

I feel the slides work well as long as you are level and you lubricate the rollers occasionally. Be prepared to do the things the manufacture and/or dealer didn't do. Don't assume or take it for granted they will send you away trouble free. I left the dealership after taking delivery on mine and didn't know I had a low tire until I checked them 1100 miles later. I assumed the dealer checked them but.....

There will be things you'll want to do to make it more liveable. You'll want to change the TV coax connectors to the compression style. You'll want to have a PEX tool and rings on hand. You may want to get rid of some of the harsh halogen lights and replace them with softer LEDs. Lots of other things you'll want to do and things you'll need. This is the place to learn about the Voltage toy hauler so dig in and soak it all in.

Learn the slide mechanism and how it operates because there will be the time when the slides will hang going either way. LCI.com is full of information about the Schwintek slides as well as Schwintek themselves.

The downside of the 3800, it's long and takes a little time to get the feel of backing into a tight space, or pulling out for that matter. Nothing at all like backing a dual axle trailer as far as I'm concerned.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote