Considering selling - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
donzinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,433
Michigan
Considering selling

Giving some serious thought to selling my 3950 (yes, even after TONS of mods) and going the route of a non-toyhaulerÖ

Please no peanut gallery - need honest feedback on what you think the rig ,ay be worth. NADA puts it at about $70k without all my mods. I know enough about theses things to know I would not see that amount.

Here's the skinny:

2014 Voltage 3950
Full body paint
17.5Ē wheels and tires (Load Range J)
370 watts solar panels
Bogart Engineering 30A charge controller and Tri-Metric controller/monitor
3100W Magnum inverter with BMK, AGS and Remote Panel
7500W Onan Diesel generator with pusher fuel pump at tanks
Precision Circuits reflashed my LMS in order to take advantage of the 67A from the new generator
Mor/Ryde wet bolt kit and Dexter equalizers
Triple shocks on TrailAire hitch with pressure gage
4 Ė 6V golf cart batteries
Curt 13703 trailer hitch
Jack antenna
Electric dump valves on two forward tanks
LED lighting throughout interior and exterior
LED door activated lighting in wet bay and pantry
Smart TVs in bed room and outside
Custom access door to access storage area in the loft
Rearranged basement/central vac for more space
Belly slide out drawers on both sides
Vista Shades instilled on both awnings
Slide toppers on bedroom and main slides
Propane quick disconnect for grill/smoker, etc.
Large under chassis storage tube for sewer hoses
Fantastic fan installed in bathroom
Flagpole holders
LED reverse lighting
Progressive Industries 50A surge protector with dual monitors
Micro Air Easy Starts on all three AC units
All three AC units cleaned and ducts re-taped
Retractable sunshade in bathroom skylight
Always stored covered when not in use

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140825_192526.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	4989   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140522_161525.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	4990   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140522_162716.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	4991   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140531_102854.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	4992   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141222_155502.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	4993  

__________________

__________________
2014-3950, Full Paint, 17.5" tires, 370W solar, 3100W Magnum inverter w/ AGS, 7500w diesel generator, Micro-Air Easy Start 364 (x3)
2019 Ram 3500 Limited w/ Max Tow pkg
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
joebedford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 326
Ontario
Tradeja evenzies for my stockish 3950? Seriously, you should be able to do over $70K. I have no interest in many of the mods you made but it makes an attractive total package.
__________________

joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:46 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
donzinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,433
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebedford View Post
Tradeja evenzies for my stockish 3950? Seriously, you should be able to do over $70K. I have no interest in many of the mods you made but it makes an attractive total package.
Thanks. I put allot into it to make it a boondocking machine. We spend a long weekend at a NASCAR event without worrying about getting out for more fuel like we had to with the gasser 5500. I love it, but we're starting to think about down the road. Thanks again
__________________
2014-3950, Full Paint, 17.5" tires, 370W solar, 3100W Magnum inverter w/ AGS, 7500w diesel generator, Micro-Air Easy Start 364 (x3)
2019 Ram 3500 Limited w/ Max Tow pkg
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Roselle
Posts: 1,127
Illinois
First of all, you sell your Voltage, a lot of people are going to lose out on all the great information and tips you've always provided! Secondly, I just did what you are thinking. Sold the 3990 and bought a Forest River Riverstone Legacy 38MB residential style 5th wheel (delivered next week I hope!). Good luck on the sale if you go that route. My experience selling my unit was less than I had hoped. Fully loaded, full paint, washer and dryer, solar, Traveler satellite, etc, etc. Perfect condition. While I didn't have the diesel generator, and a lot of your electronic upgrades, it had more than most any other toy hauler I came across. Couldn't sell it for $60K. Broke my heart. I think they do better selling out west where they are more popular. Wish you best of luck. Keep us posted with your decision.
Rusty
__________________
2015 Black F-350 Platinum Diesel Dually Crew Cab
2019 Riverstone Legacy 38MB (Full Paint/All Options)
2015 Voltage 3990 (Full Paint, All Options) Sold 6/18
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
donzinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,433
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
First of all, you sell your Voltage, a lot of people are going to lose out on all the great information and tips you've always provided! Secondly, I just did what you are thinking. Sold the 3990 and bought a Forest River Riverstone Legacy 38MB residential style 5th wheel (delivered next week I hope!). Good luck on the sale if you go that route. My experience selling my unit was less than I had hoped. Fully loaded, full paint, washer and dryer, solar, Traveler satellite, etc, etc. Perfect condition. While I didn't have the diesel generator, and a lot of your electronic upgrades, it had more than most any other toy hauler I came across. Couldn't sell it for $60K. Broke my heart. I think they do better selling out west where they are more popular. Wish you best of luck. Keep us posted with your decision.
Rusty
Thanks, Rusty. I know the market out west is far better. Enjoy your new rig.
__________________
2014-3950, Full Paint, 17.5" tires, 370W solar, 3100W Magnum inverter w/ AGS, 7500w diesel generator, Micro-Air Easy Start 364 (x3)
2019 Ram 3500 Limited w/ Max Tow pkg
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
dsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Calabasas
Posts: 163
California
Donzinger, have you considered trying to trade it at the dealer? You might have better luck than you think if you tell the dealer you canít afford the new rig you plan to buy if you canít get X price for this one. It also might help with your purchase of the new one if the trade offer is terrible you can always ask the question of why should you believe the new one will hold its value if the one you are trading didnít.

The salesperson will be desperate to make the sale and if they think they might lose it without the trade you could get lucky. Plus no hassle of keeping and dealing with all the flakes out there trying to sell on your own.

Just a thought. Good luck! I wish your rig was around when I bought my Voltage a year agoóbut then I probably would have needed a one ton dually to tow it.
dsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
donzinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,433
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
Donzinger, have you considered trying to trade it at the dealer? You might have better luck than you think if you tell the dealer you canít afford the new rig you plan to buy if you canít get X price for this one. It also might help with your purchase of the new one if the trade offer is terrible you can always ask the question of why should you believe the new one will hold its value if the one you are trading didnít.

The salesperson will be desperate to make the sale and if they think they might lose it without the trade you could get lucky. Plus no hassle of keeping and dealing with all the flakes out there trying to sell on your own.

Just a thought. Good luck! I wish your rig was around when I bought my Voltage a year agoóbut then I probably would have needed a one ton dually to tow it.
While leery of a trade in, I am considering that as well. Thanks
__________________
2014-3950, Full Paint, 17.5" tires, 370W solar, 3100W Magnum inverter w/ AGS, 7500w diesel generator, Micro-Air Easy Start 364 (x3)
2019 Ram 3500 Limited w/ Max Tow pkg
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Roselle
Posts: 1,127
Illinois
When I looked at trading in, they said trade in value is based primarily on what a bank would loan on it, so it is significantly less than what you see on NADA or RV Trader. You'll never get what you can sell it on your own for, however sometimes it's just a lot easier, especially if it needs work (which yours doesn't).
Rusty
__________________
2015 Black F-350 Platinum Diesel Dually Crew Cab
2019 Riverstone Legacy 38MB (Full Paint/All Options)
2015 Voltage 3990 (Full Paint, All Options) Sold 6/18
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:08 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,762
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
When I looked at trading in, they said trade in value is based primarily on what a bank would loan on it, so it is significantly less than what you see on NADA or RV Trader. You'll never get what you can sell it on your own for, however sometimes it's just a lot easier, especially if it needs work (which yours doesn't).
Rusty



I traded our old Dutchmen in. the sales person was hungry enough and they were willing to deal enough to make it worth my while. I paid 16 for our old one and 23 for the new one.
__________________

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.