Condensation - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2018, 10:54 PM   #1

Indiana
Condensation

We came home with. A boat load of condensation on our ceiling in our voltage. I’m assuming from our AC. What do you do about it? Hasn’t happened all year. Do you need to clean something ?

Rhoadzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:35 PM   #2

Ohio
Rhoadzie,

Just came back from a trip and had the same thing with our main A/C, had condensation coming back in the cold air return vents. I started by cleaning the drip pan as i thought it was plugged and that made no difference. I then pulled the A/C to find moisture coming under the foam seal, i'm assuming my seal has just gone bad. I ordered new ones and am going to replace tonight hope this helps. I think I read a post a while back where someone had the same issue I'm having and their fix was to replace the gaskets as well.

2013- F-350 White Platinum DRW.
nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #3

Ohio
Well happy to report that after I installed a new seal my condensation issue has stopped. However I did uncover another issue that i'll have to deal with down the road. As some of you have seen the lag bolts seem to be about a 1 time use. I had to step all but one up to a larger size, mine clearly are not in trusses just simply through the top layer of particle board under the roof. I'm going to grab some toggle bolts and some dicor, i'll put studs in the toggle then fill the holes with dicor to create a permanent stud mount for the future. Hope you figured your issue out.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:33 PM   #4

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsense View Post
Well happy to report that after I installed a new seal my condensation issue has stopped. However I did uncover another issue that i'll have to deal with down the road. As some of you have seen the lag bolts seem to be about a 1 time use. I had to step all but one up to a larger size, mine clearly are not in trusses just simply through the top layer of particle board under the roof. I'm going to grab some toggle bolts and some dicor, i'll put studs in the toggle then fill the holes with dicor to create a permanent stud mount for the future. Hope you figured your issue out.
Curious as to why your air conditioner is lag bolted down through the roof? Mine was a compression fit.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #5

Ohio
Wild,

My front (bedroom) and rear (garage) are compression fit, however the main ducted A/C in the living room is not a through and through it's simply lag bolted over the ducting.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #6

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsense View Post
Wild,

My front (bedroom) and rear (garage) are compression fit, however the main ducted A/C in the living room is not a through and through it's simply lag bolted over the ducting.
That's a terrible idea. Leave it to Dutchman.