Coleman 300tq - Page 15 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2019, 08:55 PM   #281

Washington
Brake light - plastic cover

Hi everyone,

The plastic cover of one of my brake lights dropped and I need to buy it. Anyone knows what's the PN and where I can buy it?

lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #282

Oregon
If you have the same lights as me it looks like this. The licence plate side might be a different number.
https://www.etrailer.com/p-AST60B.html

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:21 PM   #283

Washington
Fantastic! thank you!
lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #284

Michigan
Sofa Bed Comfort

We've just purchased a new 300TQ and have started planning some trips. My question is if we bring my brother and sister in law along with us, what is the comfort level of the sofa beds in the garage? Has anyone added any padding or done any modifications to this? We are new camping altogether so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Holzjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #285

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holzjw View Post
We've just purchased a new 300TQ and have started planning some trips. My question is if we bring my brother and sister in law along with us, what is the comfort level of the sofa beds in the garage? Has anyone added any padding or done any modifications to this? We are new camping altogether so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
We added a mattress topper from Costco to the front queen bed which works out well.

For the garage although I have never slept back there I have laid down on the fold down couches to watch TV. I am 6' and they are a little short But if you sleep with your legs bent it would be a doable. They would be better for kids. It's too bad they did not have the two couches meet each other when folded down into the bed position.

I assume you have the Happijac drop down bed in the garage? I have climbed up there to try it out but have not slept on it. The mattress seems firm but better than sleeping on the ground if you know what I mean.

I did replace the vinyl trim on the front of the Happijac bed, it was made out of cardboard and did not seem it would hold up at all. I removed the vinyl and used a 1/2" piece of pine. I covered the pine with the vinyl and it looks just the same but much stronger..

I have done alot of mods to our 300tq
You can scrool down though this link to see some of them.
http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...q-5206-19.html

Have fun with your new trailer!
Old 02-22-2019, 10:37 AM   #286

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holzjw View Post
Depends on how much you like your relatives.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:27 PM   #287

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Depends on how much you like your relatives.
No way would I ever invite someone to stay in our camper that I didn't like. That being said I want to make sure they are comfortable.
Holzjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:23 PM   #288

Alabama
Ramp patio kit? Anyone. 2019 300tq.
kschlais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:24 PM   #289

Alabama
And I will say I added air bags to my Silverado and in conjunction with the WD hitch it pulled AWSOME. From Atlanta to Mobile on Thursday and back tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:29 AM   #290

Oregon
We have been having a bit of a snow event here in Southern Oregon. We are only at 500 feet elevation and may typically have 1" or 2" of snow. So far we have had about 7" with it still coming down. I know that is nothing to you who really live in the snow country but I am glad the 300TQ can be out of the weather.

Old 02-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #291

Illinois
I would much rather have the snow than the crap storms we have been getting. How it can be 19 degrees outside and yet rain is a mind F, if you know what I mean. My drive is solid ice, and the walk to the barn is treacherous. The barn doors are frozen shut with 8" of packed ice locking them in. The horses have not been out of their stalls for 2 months now and are pretty upset, and even if I could get the doors open, the fields are solid ice, so they wouldn't be able to go out in them anyway. I want to list my trailer for sale, but it is also inside the barn, no way to get it out if someone were to want to buy it.

At least with snow I could shovel it or move it with my tractor. Stupid weather, more freezing rain today, 20* temps[/rant]

Hi How ya doin
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #292

Oregon
I was reading somewhere that the 2019 Coleman 300tq comes with 50 amp service and wired for a second AC. If that's the case that would be a good thing to have. Was wondering if they put the Vent opening for the second AC in the garage or bedroom.
So, anybody got a 2019?
Old 03-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #293

Alabama
Bedroom.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #294

Oregon
The difference between the 2017 is remarkable. The 2019 comes with a full size cargo door ramp with dovetail floor, wired for solar, wired for satellite, electric jack, aluminum wheels, wired for 50amp and extra AC, interior command center, kitchen backsplash and all for the same price I paid for mine two years ago... Geeze!

Forgot to add outside shower and black tank flush...Double Geeze!!
Old 03-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #295

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
The difference between the 2017 is remarkable. The 2019 comes with a full size cargo door ramp with dovetail floor, wired for solar, wired for satellite, electric jack, aluminum wheels, wired for 50amp and extra AC, interior command center, kitchen backsplash and all for the same price I paid for mine two years ago... Geeze!

Forgot to add outside shower and black tank flush...Double Geeze!!

Is the satellite and cable connection-the same?

I will see in June in Florida if I want the second ac installed.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:00 PM   #296

Oregon
Form the pictures I see there is only one coax cable connection at the TV center so the cable/satellite must be plug and play. I still see the RCA cables that come from the DVD player. That means no HD viewing.. I also did not like listening to the DVD over the ceiling speakers so, I added a stand alone DVD play with HDMI

What is the "interior power command center" and how does it work?
Old 03-13-2019, 01:02 AM   #297

Alabama
Click image for larger version

Name:	56669633009__0E750633-80F5-44AE-BAA5-2B3C0F47B67C.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	5286

That maybe??
Old 03-13-2019, 02:02 AM   #298

Alabama
I haven’t opened the fuse box yet.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:56 AM   #299

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschlais View Post
Attachment 5286

That maybe??
I think your right. I guess I was looking for something more sophisticated like touch screen.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:19 PM   #300

Alabama
I added the top box. Bluetooth level.