Coleman 300tq - Page 13 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2018, 04:15 AM   #241

Washington
Furnace and AC

Hi guys, newbie here.

Have a 2017 and would like to know how can I make the furnace work without the AC working. The only way to make it work is by disconnecting the 30amp or genny, but for some reason the furnace went on until it got to the desired temperature and then it went off and never restarted.

Thanks in advance for the tips!!

lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:57 AM   #242

Oregon
If I remember right you cycle through the thermostat till it says (AU) For automatic

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #243

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
If I remember right you cycle through the thermostat till it says (AU) For automatic
Awesome. Will take a look!

What about AC and Furnace working at the same time when the thermostat only says "furnace"?
Old 08-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #244

Florida
Putting the switch to auto should solve that issue as stated by 1l243.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:28 PM   #245

Texas
That would be the fan switch in Auto I do believe.
CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:23 AM   #246

Washington
Thanks guys!
Old 08-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #247

Washington
Fridge on propane - orange light

So, when I'm on 30amp the fridge goes automatically to electricity instead of propane, but when I don't, the light turns orange (it says "red" but is really orange). Not blinking or anything like that. I have propane (using the stove, furnace and water heater without any issues). I have leave the stove running for 3-5 mins in case there's air bubbles in the system, but orange light doesn't go away.

Is the light orange maybe the right one for propane and there's truly a red one when there's no propane?
Old 08-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #248

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebowsky View Post
So, when I'm on 30amp the fridge goes automatically to electricity instead of propane, but when I don't, the light turns orange (it says "red" but is really orange). Not blinking or anything like that. I have propane (using the stove, furnace and water heater without any issues). I have leave the stove running for 3-5 mins in case there's air bubbles in the system, but orange light doesn't go away.

Is the light orange maybe the right one for propane and there's truly a red one when there's no propane?
Do you have the fridge set to auto. Dometic or Norcold?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #249

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Do you have the fridge set to auto. Dometic or Norcold?
I think is Norcold but is always automatic. It only has one button which is on/off
Old 08-21-2018, 01:26 AM   #250

Washington
Gray water tanks

Another newbie question: have a 2017 300TQ and it has 2 gray tank waters, which is an issue when the one from the bathroom gets filled but the kitchen one still has room in it. Is there a way to connect both so we use for real the 42 gals of capacity?
Old 08-22-2018, 05:11 AM   #251

Oregon
Quote:

On mine it's green if it's running on 110. Orange if it's running on propane. Red which I don't think I have ever seen means it did not light....
Old 08-22-2018, 05:15 AM   #252

Oregon
Quote:
Another newbie question: have a 2017 300TQ and it has 2 gray tank waters, which is an issue when the one from the bathroom gets filled but the kitchen one still has room in it. Is there a way to connect both so we use for real the 42 gals of capacity?
You don't have two gray tanks(unless you have a custom install) Your monitor says you have two gray tanks but you really don't. The top gray tank on the monitor panel is not there...
Old 08-22-2018, 05:42 AM   #253

Oregon
Added backup lights to 2017 Coleman 300tq. I had already added marker lights to the bottom frame below the ramp door.
I found some nice surface mount Led's 18watt flood . I wanted surface mount because i did not want the lights hanging below the frame.
You will need a 7 Way wire harness on your truck and trailer. The center pin will be wired to the backup light on the truck.
On my trailer I only had 6 wires seen plus a metal residential type electrical box that was not waterproof. So I orderd a 7 Way 8' harness with junction box that is color coded.
I fused the yellow reverse light wire with a 5 amp fuse for a 3 amp draw. I did not run a relay.

The lights sit well on the bottom frame.

The lights are bright

Lights up the RV Port well

Cost
Lights $17 each
Harness with box $37
Wire $10
Fuse harness $5
Old 08-22-2018, 06:00 AM   #254

Washington
That makes more sense the guy that sold me the TT told me it has 2...clearly not the case!...the only weird thing is that the dutchmen support rmail told me it wasn’t possible to connect both (instead of saying it didn’t have 2). Will ask again.

Thanks 1|243 for this and the tip on the fridge as well!
Old 08-22-2018, 09:07 PM   #255

Washington
how much PSI you put on your tires? also, do you use nitrogen or regular air?
Old 08-22-2018, 09:22 PM   #256

Florida
Quote:
how much PSI you put on your tires? also, do you use nitrogen or regular air?
Whatever it says on the sidewall of the tire. If you have the tires that came with it, you can look on the sticker but make sure it jives with the tire sidewall. I changed my tires when I had two of them explode (china bombs) and now I pump to 80 lbs because that is the cold rating on the tire. I am sure there are folks that will be staunch NITROGEN users but those stations are few and far between so I eventually graduated to air! Easier for me since I carry a portable tankless compressor. that way I can check it before I leave for anywhere.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:59 AM   #257

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Whatever it says on the sidewall of the tire. If you have the tires that came with it, you can look on the sticker but make sure it jives with the tire sidewall. I changed my tires when I had two of them explode (china bombs) and now I pump to 80 lbs because that is the cold rating on the tire. I am sure there are folks that will be staunch NITROGEN users but those stations are few and far between so I eventually graduated to air! Easier for me since I carry a portable tankless compressor. that way I can check it before I leave for anywhere.

Perfect, thanks! I'm asking also because in some highways I have an unpleasant bouncing on my truck (sierra 1500) and I've been playing with the sway bars altitude (equalizer). Bouncing is less now but still there (sometimes...when the hwy is good quality all good) and I was thinking if maybe I had too much air or too little.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:20 AM   #258

Oregon
The axles on our 300tq's come flipped, which means the leaf springs sit on top of the axles thus giving the trailer a much higher ramp height (36") and overall height. Anybody ever thought about flipping them back?
Old 09-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #259

Oregon
2017 300tq ramp door.

I am loading just one motorcycle a 850lb Harley. I go up and down the ramp in the same spot each time. I am noticing a indentation or groove in the ramp surface. I suspect there is no plywood under the black ramp floor covering but maybe rigid foam insulation.
Anybody else notice this problem?
Old 09-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #260

Oregon
I did find a thread on the topic . It seems that the problem might be kind of common. It's just cosmetic and not functional but it it gets worse I may cover the ramp with some diamond plate aluminum...
Lippert loading ramp door indentations - Forest River Forums