Coleman 300tq - Page 19 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2021, 05:25 AM   #361

Oregon
Check out Modifications and Upgrades thread for Morryde CRE 3000 and Morryde Xfactor suspension upgrade to my 2017 Coleman 300TQ

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:00 PM   #362

Pennsylvania
Has anyone mounted a tv bracket on the exterior of their lantern? I just picked one up 2 weeks ago and looking to mount a bracket outside and looking for some tips? Also, how difficult is it to install a happijac bed system in the garage area? Right now I just have the fold up sofas. Thanks!

mikejones202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:24 AM   #363

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones202 View Post
Has anyone mounted a tv bracket on the exterior of their lantern? I just picked one up 2 weeks ago and looking to mount a bracket outside and looking for some tips? Also, how difficult is it to install a happijac bed system in the garage area? Right now I just have the fold up sofas. Thanks!
Yes. When I was trying to find a way to mount a TV on the outside I found it impossible to find a stud above the refrigerator vent which is where I wanted to mount the TV. I did not want to guess and have a hole in my siding.

With some negative feedback I decided to mount a 32 inch 9.5 pound TV mount on the refrigerator vent. Some were concerned it would prevent the refrigerator from venting. I performed a test with the refrigerator running on propane for over an hour with the TV mounted. Using a infared temp scanner there was no difference in temp with the TV mounted as when there was no TV mounted.

I converted the refrigerator outlet behind the vent to a double outlet and use it to plug in the TV.

Mount

About 5 inches of air space between the TV and the refrigerator vent.

I installed a splitter and ran the coax through the floor and installed a outside rv tv cable outlet in the RV skirting.

I accessed the coax by removing the radio.

All this said you will have to use your own judgement. My 32 inch TV only weighed 9.5 pounds. I would not go any larger or heavier than that.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:29 PM   #364

Pennsylvania
Where is everyone mounting their license plate? On my 2021, the dealer mounted in below the ramp and the problem lies in that it catches my driveway everytime I back and and this last time I backed in, it about ripped it off. I was thinking of screwing it into the ramp door and flipping the light that is on the current bracket upside down so it gets light that way...unless there is a better option? Will I have issues screwing into the fiberglass ramp door? Any help is appreciated!
Old 02-15-2022, 07:40 PM   #365

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschlais View Post
Second AC installed. Attachment 6344
What AC unit did you use? And was the install hard? Does it run off the thermostat in the main living area or did you get a unit that has a thermostat on it? I am looking to add a 2nd AC this spring so just figuring out if its something I can take on myself. Thanks!!!!

For reference I have a 2021 Lantern 300tq and it has wiring there for 2nd AC in the same spot as yours. I was looking at the Dometic Brisk II Evolution like what came on the camper.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:03 PM   #366

Oregon
Outdoor Lights Added
Last summer getting into camp after dark I fell into a deep hole when walking around the perimeter of the camper. Resulting to a trip to the Emergency Room and when I got home shoulder surgery and laid up for 6 months. Well you can't fix stupid but I think shedding a little light on the subject will help.

Outdoor Lighting Added.

Front Work LED work lights

Left Side Docking Lights
Front and rear

Left and Right Undercarriage Flood Lights

Rear Ramp Flood Lights

Each section is on its own switched circuit
Old 03-09-2022, 02:57 PM   #367

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
Outdoor Lights Added
Last summer getting into camp after dark I fell into a deep hole when walking around the perimeter of the camper. Resulting to a trip to the Emergency Room and when I got home shoulder surgery and laid up for 6 months. Well you can't fix stupid but I think shedding a little light on the subject will help.

Outdoor Lighting Added.

Front Work LED work lights

Left Side Docking Lights
Front and rear

Left and Right Undercarriage Flood Lights

Rear Ramp Flood Lights

Each section is on its own switched circuit
How are you able to run the wires up to the control panel? I've been thinking of doing this but wasn't sure how to get the wires there! thanks!
Old 03-09-2022, 07:11 PM   #368

Oregon
I followed the same path when I installed my Solar panels and ran the panel cables to the front pass through storage area.

From the roof, I went through the refrigerator roof vent which accesses the area behind the refrigerator. You then access these wires by removing the outside wall refrigerator vent cover.

From there I drilled a hole in the right hand corner of the cabinet and ran the wires into furnace cabinet under the refrigerator. You access these wires by removing the wood vent under the refrigerator. I sealed the wires with silicone.

From there I drilled a hole in the left corner of the furnace cabinet which gets you between the floor and the sealed underbelly. I drilled a small hole first then used a long screw driver to poke through the sealed underbelly. I sealed the underbelly with black Eternabond.

So, when I ran the light wires from under the trailer I just followed the same route in reverse.

To get to the monitor information panel to install the switches. I removed the microwave, drilled a hole into the wall behind the refrigerator. This gave me access to the light wires from under the trailer and from the roof. From their I ran the wires through the Microwave cabinet and used plastic conduit in the cupboard next to the information center.

I removed the false wall behind the information center to access the area to wire and mount the switches.

It seems like a lot of work but it's just one step at a time.
Old 09-16-2022, 03:22 AM   #369

Georgia
Golf cart in garage

We are considering a 21 300TQ. Will a golf cart for in the garage. We have a taller golf cart that is about 78-79” tall. I know the inside is 82” but I’m concerned about it fitting through the door opening. It seems shorter?

momof2 is offline   Reply With Quote