Clean tank leak - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2018, 03:44 AM   #1

California
Clean tank leak

I would like some help and ideas of how to fix this problem. At the top of my release valve for my clean water tank is leaking from the PVC pipe that is hanging down. After peeling off the gray insulation I can clearly see that it is leaking from where the PVC is coming out. Does Anyome know how to fix this? And second why are there two release valves for a clean water tank for the 3551 triton voltage?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0284C802-A864-4A7A-8798-B38C40EB8999.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	5023  

Andradej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:21 PM   #2

California
So by “clean water” do you mean your fresh water storage tank or the gray water which is the sink and shower water holding tank (not toilet). If the first there is usually a release valve under the tank you can open to dump any unused fresh water.

If the gray water and your rig is like mine then you could have two gray holding tanks. One of mine has a pull valve in the wet bay and the other has a valve towards the back near that holding tank. They are separate tanks and do not mix. Both fill and dump separately. My selling dealer never even told me the rear tanks had a separate valve—which was left open and started draining when I took the cover off the hose connection—not fun but I figured that on my own and thankfully it was gray sink water and not black toilet water!

Old 09-18-2018, 06:08 AM   #3

California
My fresh water tank has 2 valves underneath-same tank. Where the pvc attaches to the tank there is leaking occurring there.
Andradej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:36 PM   #4

Florida
Our voltage also has 2 fresh tank dump valves also it's been awhile since I filled my tank but I believe it's a partition one side fills up then dumps onto the other side so you don't have all that back and forth movement stopping and starting kinda like a tanker truck that's how mine works anyways
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #5

Florida
Mine is in service (imagine that) or I would go look sorry
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:24 PM   #6

Arizona
I had the same deal on my brand new one. There are actually two tanks connected by two hoses, if you have two drains. Anyway, go to Home Depot to the caulking section and buy some Marine Seal. Rough up the area with course steel wool or sand paper and then just cover the entire area with the caulk, Guarantee Success

Yamaha YXZ is offline   Reply With Quote