Calibrating hydraulic jacks - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2014, 02:38 AM   #1

Texas
Calibrating hydraulic jacks

We just picked up our 2015 VT3605 last Friday. When we try to use the automatic leveling the trailer pitches way high on the driver's side to the point that the tires are lifted off the ground. Can anyone tell us how to calibrate the system?

Harley Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:30 AM   #2

Arizona
First ***Manually level your trailer front to rear and side to side*** Then:

ZERO SETTING THE CONTROL
1. Turn “ON/OFF” button “OFF”
2. Push “FRONT” button 10 times,
3. Push “REAR” button 10 times
4. Control will flash and beep, LCD says “ZERO POINT CALIBRATE”
5. To memorize this level condition , press “ENTER”
6. LCD says “ZERO POINT STABILITY SUCCESSFULLY SET”
7. The control will then turn off.
8. Turn “ON/OFF” on to commence operation.

I got this from here: http://www.lci1.com/images/support/m...c-leveling.pdf

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #3

Virginia
Make sure left side "drivers side" is the same as your control panel. In other word push left jacks drivers side is actuated
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:57 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Some people have had the electric plugs switched left for right, and that throws the leveling system all out of wack. Do as Fanboy states. With it sitting with the jacks down, push the left side button and see if the left jacks move, or the right. There is a thread about switching the plugs.

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...lp-1849-2.html
Old 07-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #5

Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Danny View Post
We just picked up our 2015 VT3605 last Friday. When we try to use the automatic leveling the trailer pitches way high on the driver's side to the point that the tires are lifted off the ground. Can anyone tell us how to calibrate the system?
Sounds like your system is mis wired. We experienced the same problem upon delivery of our unit last month. The service mgr. fixed it in about 2 min., it is a common problem. the wrong wire going to the wrong jack. I thought our unit was about to flip over when I tried to auto level the first time.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #6

Colorado
Quote:
This is from Johnthefireman:
I found this photo on the link that helped me out. Literally, open the generator door compartment, look on the left hand wall directly above the battery and you should see these two plugs. Simply unplug them and switch them. After months of having to manually level, mine auto leveled immediately and has since. Hope it's this simple for you too.

After you switch the wires, it will auto level. Did this on my and worked. Was having the same problem as you. you may have to confirm level with an actual level to ensure that the panel is showing true level. If it is off a bit, do your tweeking then do the Zero calibration as mentioned above.

2011 Ford F-350 Dually
2014 Voltage 3950
Hazerdous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:33 AM   #7

Colorado
I just did the Zero point calibration on my 2014 Voltage Epic. Mine was off front to rear.

Using a level on the floor it was easy to see the front was low. So, before manually leveling, I raised the rear jacks about 4" off the ground so that I wouldn't be working against them.

When the Zero point calibration is complete and the panel shut down, then turn it back on and press Auto-Level to get all the jacks back on the ground and the trailer level and stable. Just another step when the issue is front to back level.

Ours was just about a half-a-bubble low at the front. Getting it level extended the front jacks about 4" and the kingpin moved up about 7". So getting the Zero point calibrated does make a difference!

Cabinet doors will stay open, the garage door will stay open....LOL!!!

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #8

Texas
Some people are slow then there is us. We finally got around to printing the picture of which lines to switch. After taking the picture up to the trailer and switching as described, the levelers worked great. Thanks!!!!!!!!
Harley Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:49 PM   #9

Colorado
Quote:
Some people are slow then there is us. We finally got around to printing the picture of which lines to switch. After taking the picture up to the trailer and switching as described, the levelers worked great. Thanks!!!!!!!!
Isn't it amazing how common this problem is. Just goes to show that no one, not even the dealer had tried to verify that the auto level fuction worked.

2011 Ford F-350 Dually
2014 Voltage 3950
Old 08-09-2014, 03:57 AM   #10

Arizona
Not to point fingers but if the auto level was performed during the PDI shouldn't this issue have been discovered then?
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:58 AM   #11

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Not to point fingers but if the auto level was performed during the PDI shouldn't this issue have been discovered then?
I agree, was the only thing I didn't try out. I should have found that during the PDI. Still doesn't excuse the dealers and the manufactor's QAQC programs.

2011 Ford F-350 Dually
2014 Voltage 3950
Old 08-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #12

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Auto level worked flawlessly at the dealership, inside and level. Even told me camp side comes down first and explained that left is facing backwords. Well, wrong and wrong. PDI was done. Horrible education on the operation and installation was my problem. But two wires and a recal. And a better understanding of the system wasn't too much to bare. Just an hour of frustration!
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #13

Michigan
The autolevel worked perfectly for me at the dealership because is was on a perfectly level concrete pad during PDI - no real adjustment necessary...
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #14

Colorado
From our PDI and the notes we were given...I have the feeling the rep really didn't know how the system works and didn't really have a set of instructions to explain how it works.

Next trip to the dealer, the Service Manager had one of the Techs tell us how to re-zero. That worked just great.

But still, since ours was "half a bubble low" at the front. Had to think it through a bit, raise the rear jacks first, then raise front until level, then shut the panel down, and go through the re-zero process. Then press auto level again...and it comes out just perfect.

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote