Cable Connections & Other Questions - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #21

@72Mach... What your experiencing for a picture, pixelization, poor reception and only a good pic in the living room is exactly the problem I had. After changing out all the splitters and ends all the tv's had a great picture on them. Change out the splitter for the OTA antenna also.. guaranteed its a POS splitter. Any increase in signal is a positive for you.
Lets hear from you after you get it done.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #22

New Mexico
yep there were a few problems. for one I changed all of the factory rg6 connectors. that helped but still had interference on the back TV an no TV in the basement.

I pulled the hockey puck radio and researched the unit and could not understand why the factory would use the antenna input to the unit as a input to the splitter that was in place which fed the basement connection and bedroom. I replaced that antennas input with a CSR antenna and it worked fine while eliminating the intereference to the back tv. I also changed the splitter in question and still could not get a picture so I started swapping received boxes and finally HDMI cables which was the last problem. so now, main feed into the living room (swim switch), winegard taken completely out, swim switch feeds main TV and set 2 cable (winegard label as is just looped ) split in the basement from the factory splitter which was replaced and removed the outside radio device. the splitter now feeds the basement and back room and I have a receiver for each TV and all works fine. also added another two speakers in the basement as the radio unit was capable of four speakers and only two were added, also wanted to add a speaker switch for 2/4 speakers but couldn't find onelocally and can add later like in my old toy hauler. also, hope to order a Rica to headphone jack and see if I can get the auction from the satellite box to play over the outside speakers through the aux input on the radio unit. I have picks over at rv.net, search 71stang99 and the post about direct TV should come up. thanks again.

72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #23

Oregon
where did you find the spliters, i have the same problem with my 3900?
elipsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #24

I got them from a local cable guy. Slip one a couple bucks and you will be rewarded. They seem to have the best connectors and splitters around. Pay one a few bucks and he will do all your connectors im sure if u open them up for him.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote