Bit by the slide bug... - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2015, 04:06 AM   #1

Maryland
Bit by the slide bug...

Ok, made it to WI on our trip...2900 miles so far, still another 1500 to go...

Pulled into our spot today, leveled and went to deploy the main slide (the one with the couch) and it popped loudly at the end of the cycle...I had the wife run it back in and it popped at the end of the cycle again. Ran it out again with me on a ladder and I found what Lippert calls the "gib" sliding in the track, not near the motor. I pulled the weather stripping down and had the wife run it again, while I used a screwdriver to force it back in. I did notice that there was a noticeable twist of the upper frame during the operation of the slide...I am pretty sure that has been mentioned before...

My normal slide operation procedures are to maintain pressure on the switch for 10 seconds once slide stroke is complete...doing that with this slide is allowing the motor to still go one or two more teeth (think loud noises...teeth skipping past the wormed grooves on the rail). I am going to do some looking tomorrow, but for the time being, I am going to just let the slide go to contact, both in and out....I will look into trying to stop the in wall slide frame from flexing some time this week.

Ciao,

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote