Bedroom AC - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2016, 01:17 AM   #1

Oklahoma
Bedroom AC

I know that the two registers in the bedroom are fed by the main cabin AC. However, when I turn the main cabin AC off and try run the bedroom AC through the registers I get very little airflow. Obviously when you open the "dump" on the bottom of the AC you get a lot of air but also a lot of noise. So, are the registers connected to the AC or not??

tarbabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:27 PM   #2

New Jersey
Is your becroom AC mounted with a panel below the ceiling, and the controlls on the panel (versus a separate thermostat)? If so, the intake and exhaust vents are both on the bedroom AC panel, and it does not use the ducts from the main AC.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #3

Ontario
On my 3950, the bedroom AC is connected to the ducts. I often use it to help the pathetic LR AC.
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #4

Maryland
My 3950 is setup like the one mentioned before. You need to drop the plenum and tape the air box. When I pulled mine, the air divider was positioned such that conditioned air was going straight to the return. Once placed correctly and taped, she works like a champ.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
Is your becroom AC mounted with a panel below the ceiling, and the controlls on the panel (versus a separate thermostat)? If so, the intake and exhaust vents are both on the bedroom AC panel, and it does not use the ducts from the main AC.

All three ACs are controlled via one panel in the hallway. I should be getting about the same amount of air out of the two ducts in the bedroom as I do when I have the have the bottom exhaust from the AC unit open.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebedford View Post
On my 3950, the bedroom AC is connected to the ducts. I often use it to help the pathetic LR AC.

I will say that once I cleaned the condenser coils and retaped the supply and return air under the unit in the main cabin, that one is working like a champ now. I will agree, it is pretty lethargic.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:15 AM   #7

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarbabi View Post
I will say that once I cleaned the condenser coils and retaped the supply and return air under the unit in the main cabin, that one is working like a champ now. I will agree, it is pretty lethargic.
Yes, that's my plan too. As soon as I finish the repair to the soggy bedroom slide floor.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:59 PM   #8

Maine
Quote:
Yes, that's my plan too. As soon as I finish the repair to the soggy bedroom slide floor.
Joe do you have cable slides?
boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:24 PM   #9

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostme View Post
Joe do you have cable slides?
Nope. Schwintek. The slide goes out all the way and I have a north / south bed not an east / west bed so no windows on the slide sides to cause the wiper not to seal.

No, in my case it appears that the bottom fascia / trim was not caulked properly and it collected water running down the outside of the slide and conveniently held it against the 'wood' floor.

The rollers were destroying the floor so I've installed 6x6" 1/8" steel plates for the rollers to sit on when the slide is in. Will post photos as soon as I get the fascia back on.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:40 PM   #10

Michigan
Quote:
Nope. Schwintek. The slide goes out all the way and I have a north / south bed not an east / west bed so no windows on the slide sides to cause the wiper not to seal.

No, in my case it appears that the bottom fascia / trim was not caulked properly and it collected water running down the outside of the slide and conveniently held it against the 'wood' floor.

The rollers were destroying the floor so I've installed 6x6" 1/8" steel plates for the rollers to sit on when the slide is in. Will post photos as soon as I get the fascia back on.
Joe - check the screws under the slide that hold the facia up in place. Mine were all there but all were broken off and let my facia drop down. Barely touched them with a screw driver to check them and they all basically fell out
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #11

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
Joe - check the screws under the slide that hold the facia up in place. Mine were all there but all were broken off and let my facia drop down. Barely touched them with a screw driver to check them and they all basically fell out
All mine were broken except for two that were all rusted in rotten wood. The fascia was basically being held in place by the two plastic squares at the ends.

I will screw the fascia to the steel plates I've installed. Haven't decided if it's worth putting screws in the existing holes or just seal them. Probably the latter.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #12

Maine
Gotta love Dutchman craft work!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #13

Maryland
Quote:
All mine were broken except for two that were all rusted in rotten wood. The fascia was basically being held in place by the two plastic squares at the ends.

I will screw the fascia to the steel plates I've installed. Haven't decided if it's worth putting screws in the existing holes or just seal them. Probably the latter.
Like Don, I found mine the exact same way. I pulled and cleaned the trim, resealed and replaced the screws with number 12 size screws vice the cheap number 10 screws.

Cale
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:48 PM   #14

Michigan
I went on either side of each existing with stainless screws that were a little thicker

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #15

Ontario
Quote:
I went on either side of each existing with stainless screws that were a little thicker
The problem with mine is that the particle board on the outer edge is a bit 'punky' - I don't think screws will hold. By screwing into my plates I get around that problem. The 'wood' a few inches back that they're screwed and glued to is good.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #16

Michigan
Quote:
The problem with mine is that the particle board on the outer edge is a bit 'punky' - I don't think screws will hold. By screwing into my plates I get around that problem. The 'wood' a few inches back that they're screwed and glued to is good.
Someone on the forum recommended a product that will render the wood useable again. Don't recall who or the product, but search the forums for my post about taping the main AC plenum. It's in there

Old 08-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #17

British Columbia
Quote:
Someone on the forum recommended a product that will render the wood useable again. Don't recall who or the product, but search the forums for my post about taping the main AC plenum. It's in there

Don,

It's probably one of these.

PC Epoxy

PC Epoxy

I'm not sure how good it is for MDF or HDF, but it works well on OSB.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote