Back on the Road... - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #1

Wyoming
Back on the Road...

Well, I finally broke free from the house in NC... towed the rig down to Florida last night. All set up for the next month or so in Kissimmee... time to try out all of the mods & additions I did over the past few weeks.

It's 82 degrees down here today, and one thing I've noticed right off is that, while I can tell that the A/C is blowing air better thru the re-taped vents... it's still having trouble cooling the main room. Thermostat set at 68... room temp is 75.

Bedroom A/C is having no trouble, as usual. Thermostat set at 68, and room temp is 66. Oh well...

New tires & tire pressure monitoring system performed flawlessly... always a good thing.

New theater seats are nice & comfortable... still working on finding a suitable small table/desk for the empty area beside of it.

If any of you get down this way... feel free to stop on by and say "Hello"

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #2

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
Well, I finally broke free from the house in NC... towed the rig down to Florida last night. All set up for the next month or so in Kissimmee...
WOW! What a beautiful place to spend a month.

We are in the Brownsville, Texas area right on the border of Mexico for the month. We will be in Florida in about 6 weeks or so. I would love to see your new theater seats in person. Not sure if we'll be in the Kissimme area while we're there but I'm going to keep it in mind.

slb5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:01 AM   #3

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post

It's 82 degrees down here today, and one thing I've noticed right off is that, while I can tell that the A/C is blowing air better thru the re-taped vents... it's still having trouble cooling the main room. Thermostat set at 68... room temp is 75.

I see you have three air conditioners. Mine does also and it if is even semi hot the main area AC is not adequate.

I see the way you are parked and if the off living side were in the shade things would be a whole lot easier to cool.

I have considered this numerous times and it is not always possible to park the direction you need or want to park.

Two days ago here in Arizona it was 60 degrees. My unit was closed up and I went inside to an 87 degree living space. I took my IR temperature gun and aimed it up to the area around the top of the large living room window. It was 138 degrees.

I hate to add more weight to my coach but I am getting ready to add window awnings to at least three of my windows.

Enjoy Florida.
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #4

Colorado
What about an oscillating fan to move the air around inside the camper? Especially while in a campground where power is not an issue.
rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote