Attaching Wheel Chock to the floor? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2018, 02:26 AM   #1

Indiana
Attaching Wheel Chock to the floor?

Anyone using the Wheeldock Chock for their motorcycle in the voltage. How are you attaching the wheeldock to the floor? If you are using some other wheel chock, how are you attaching it to the floor? Anyone drilling a hole and mounting bracket?

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I need ideas

Rhoadzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:46 AM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoadzie View Post
Anyone using the Wheeldock Chock for their motorcycle in the voltage. How are you attaching the wheeldock to the floor? If you are using some other wheel chock, how are you attaching it to the floor? Anyone drilling a hole and mounting bracket?

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I need ideas
I have the Condor wheel chock. It has a small plate screwed to the floor where the chock slides in. The only thing holding it in is a small screw. The outrigger arms can be screwed to the floor but I never bothered with it.
Look at the trailer kit for the Condor chock and you'll see the plate.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:23 AM   #3

Oregon
I have a free standing Condor wheel chock. As described by Sundancer a small metal bracket is permanently bolted to the floor. You slide the Condor into the slots on the bracket and then a set screw keeps it from backing out.

If hauling two bikes you will want to stagger the brackets by a few inches so you don't end up handle bar to handlebar. Plus you will still want to strap the bikes down.

When the bikes are removed and you want to use the garage you can remove the Condors and only the brackets remain.

Condor also sells a ETRAC version and a Trailer only version without outrigger arms.

You will have to get through the Mesh or Coroplast sealed underbelly to get to the nuts.. I have the Mesh sealed underbelly membrane. I cut a small slit and fastened the bolts then sealed the slits with 4" Eternabond tape. I only had some white so a little black paint and you can hardly notice. Eternabond does sell black tape.

I was just under there the other day and it has sealed really well.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:07 AM   #4

Alberta
Hi Rhoadzie: I installed a wheeldock in a 3200 Voltage last week. Quite easy. I did not take pics. Sorry

I wrote 2 long replies to your question in this forum, explaining how I did the install, but both disappeared because they don't show in the forum- guess I can install chocks but can't send email replies.

So, if you'd like a step by step run down on how I did this, give me a call 780-689-8697. I'll walk you through it. Or, if you email me at gkiselyk@yahoo.ca, I'll be glad to send you my how-to when I know you it's going back to you and not to forum la-la-land
Gerry
Moose111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:00 AM   #5

Colorado
I use D-rings to tie down my Polaris General. having installed those....

The bolts on your wheel rack should go through the 1/8" rubber and then 1" OSB that make up the garage floor.

I'd also strongly suggest opening the belly cover and then adding either large thick washers or a one-piece backing plate on the underside of the OSB Garage floor.

This way they won't pull out and will keep your motorcycle stable during moving.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote