Another 'read 'em and weep' for Voltage toy hauler owners - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #1

Oklahoma
Another 'read 'em and weep' for Voltage toy hauler owners

C&P from a Thor Palazzo owner.........

I posted earlier about my slide problems. I arrived at the Thor Service facility on Sunday with a list of issues needing attention. Tops on my list were the slide and the alternator not charging the house batteries while underway. The tech assigned to me arrived early on Monday and after reviewing the list, took it away. They have a nice little house in the parking lot across the road where we camped out with the cat and dog. The coach was returned at 4pm for us to use for the night. This procedure continued for the rest of the week.

I requested the upgrade to the triple track on the slide and it was done. They will now do that on any 36.1 that is brought to the service center with a slide problem. To make a long story short, the slide still was chewing up the track. After leaving the service center we went to the rally in Goshen. The service techs were there also and I showed them the problem. They worked non stop for 3 days and it still did not work properly. They requested we bring it back to the service facility and due to our schedule brought in several techs on Saturday on a holiday weekend to fix it.

The Shop Floor manager identified the problem... it was an indexing problem with the bottom gear. In one position the gear aligned with the top gear and by turning it one position further, it was misaligned by 1/2 a tooth. They also replaced some wiring and cut down the seat belt brackets under the couch.

I asked what the purpose of the third track was.... 60% of the weight of the slide rides on the small white plastic rollers on the gear mechanism and 40% is on the large rollers under the slide. The extra track adds one more roller to help support this weight. The track also transfers more power to move the slide.

Bottom line is that everything is fixed and working well. I am very impressed with the folks at the service facility. They treated Susan and me with concern and respect and worked diligently to solve my problems.

Money talks while Voltage hauler owners are treated like bastards at a family reunion

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:08 AM   #2

Colorado
And your point is?

Nothing but great things to say about my Voltage.

Rockerrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:52 AM   #3

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockerrider View Post
And your point is?

I really should stay out of this but..........

If you had been around more than what, 3 posts, compared to Sundancers 900+, you'd understand what the point is. If you love your Voltage good for you, you either got a really good one or you haven't had it long enough. Browse through some of the forum and maybe you'll understand why some of us don't think as highly of Dutchmen as you apparently do.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:04 AM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockerrider View Post
And your point is?

I am hopeful your Voltage will tow many miles without a major problem.

When it doesn't be sure and post your problems here. We'll be glad to give you the answers and guidance you'll need to survive the curse of the Voltage.

As Jeff said, peruse the topics and see what problem may befall you and eventually dampen your spirits.

Not all of my nor anyone else's post are complaints, we spend a lot of time helping others with problems and offer words of encouragement when those problems arise.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:14 AM   #5

Colorado
I have read all your posts....my post count has nothing to do with that. And I understand that you don't like your voltage....I'm sorry for that. However I fail to see what the info you posted had to do with voltage? Seems like it had nothing to do with voltage.
Rockerrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:30 AM   #6

Washington
First time since I've been on the forum that somebody has resorted to name calling. And now you have 4.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:37 AM   #7

Indiana
Sundancer 87, Sawpilot, and several other Dutchmen owners, on this forum, were very proud owners when they first made their purchases. I too, was a very happy and proud owner...........in the beginning.
I, along with both people mentioned above, had never had an issue with a slide on past SOB (some other brands). The three of us and many others on this forum have had issues with our Schwintec slides (this is a brand of slide that many Thor owned companies use in their camping units).
Sundancer 87 has been extremely helpful throughout his membership on this forum. He's bragged about the things that the Dutchmen brand has done well. He's also, the first one to let you know if something is a POS. From my own experience, It's very frustrating when factory techs from both Dutchmen and Schwintec cannot correct a slide issue.
Apparently, Sundancer 87 started this thread to alert the many of us unlucky Dutchmen owners, on this forum, that the Thor company takes better care of the Pallazzo owners.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote