Am I Missing Something?? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #1

Alberta
Am I Missing Something??

I have recently purchased my 3905 and during the walk thru with my salesperson I did not inquire/ or was not shown how to use the speakers in the living area? There are 5 speakers in total mounted on the walls/slides and I don't even know if they work or I am just missing something. They are not connected with the rear sound system...
Please help & thanks in advance!

delirius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #2

Washington
You've probably got a setting on your stereo with "A", "B" and "C" speakers. One of those will likely be your outside speakers only, one will be inside only and the third either both or a bedroom only setting.....press and experiment to see what comes one!

Glenn and Cheryle- loving retirement
Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
2012 F150 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow
Denali2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #3

my rear speakers in my 3200 only work with a dvd. If i am playing just the tv only the tv speakers work. If I play music through the dvd player, which has a FM player in it, the surround sound works. If I want outside music I have to use the radio in the toy bay where the outside/inside speaker switches are located.
I hope this helps some.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #4

Tennessee
In the living area you you must turn on the Samsung receiver and select the appropriate input, for television sound it should be on "direct"' in which the audio is backfed through the HDMI cable. You actually should have 6 speakers, but you can't see the subwoofer which is located under the bathroom entry step behind the vents.

Not sure why the other posters are talking about the rear switches, but there are no manual speaker switches in the main living area.

2013 Voltage 3950
Blue full body paint
micahmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:14 AM   #5

I have switches in the rear toy bay near my am/fm radio. From there I control the outside speakers or inside or both for the RADIO only.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:45 AM   #6

Oregon
Mine too has three buttons - A, B, and C. A and B control the inside speakers while C controls the outside speakers.
Idyllbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #7

Tennessee
Sorry guys, but you need to read the OP. he's talking about the surround sound system with the five speakers in the main living area, not the garage.

2013 Voltage 3950
Blue full body paint
micahmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #8

Colorado
Voltage Surround Sound

micahmiles is correct. The stereo surround is connected via the Samsung DVD player and is not connected to the garage/speaker switch.

On my 2013 3200, there is an optical cable running from the TV to the DVD player. You simply need to set the Samsung DVD player to AUX so it receives all sound input from the TV. It then doesn't matter where your TV signal comes from, you will get the surround sound through all of your speakers via the TV optical connection. You can then turn your TV speaker volume all the way down. There is a button on the remote that toggles the auxiliary sound input.

Diggio is offline   Reply With Quote