3970 roof rafter recall - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2016, 12:44 PM   #41

Washington
It sounds like most of you are having better luck than I did. I originally dropped my camper off December 29 and finally picked it up last week. In addition to the roof repair they fixed my generator wiring harness, replaced the in Control touch screen, replaced an outside speaker, replaced one of the door lock mechanisms, and had to replace the linoleum in the living room and kitchen because somewhere along the way a finishing nail gun was turned up too high and tore a hole in my floor.

The frustrating part was that after four months not everything identified was fixed and I had to fix a few more. The work to the roof caused my frame to shift and I had to adjust the catch plates to the cargo room and the main door, the catches on the ramp for the ladder were not spaced right so I pulled them off and put them on correctly, some trim and the fireplace fake rock came loose so I had to put them back, and I had to pull out the finishing nail that was putting a hole in the new flooring too. Leave it to these guys to fix a problem and not fix the cause of the problem. Oh yeah, and that took me four hours to fix, not four months.

So if any of you are in the PNW, stay away from Fife RV in Tacoma. The absolute worst service department. If you are in the Oklahoma City area, give Perfection RV a shot. My brother-in-law just opened it this spring because he was tired of poor RV service himself.

Old 05-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #42

Arizona
I have a 2015 V3970. Took delivery in August of 2015, just got it back for the 2nd time. The roof "recall" letter came in the mail while the unit was in for the second time of warranty repair work. Yes, the "parts just arrived" from when they were discovered during the original walk thru.
The service manager had not heard of the letter and was going to follow up. The repairs were done, I do have some additional trim on the ceiling that does look good, matches the other colors of the wood trim.
The roof repairs must have been a distraction or very troublesome because the shop did not complete the other repairs they said they had done. Going back on Monday to calmly point out their errors.

rsstangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #43

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsstangl View Post
Going back on Monday to calmly point out their errors.
You must be a very patient person. They get calm the first time I take it in, second time for the same work, they see mad. I only ever had to get beyond mad once, funny how they don't want to have that conversation in a showroom full of people.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #44

Texas
Came across this thread... new member to forum

Hey guys, new to the forum. I came across this thread and had to laugh. I am the one that started this recall on the roof. I had an issue with leaking in the living area and sent it in to the dealer. First the manufacturer didn't want to cover it, I yelled a lot. Over the next 2 months I yelled a lot every other day or so. I talked to just about everyone in Keystone that would listen to me. I probably spent over 100 hours on the phone trying to get this issue fixed before spring break (Disney booked for almost a year). Finally they determined that they could fix it with these metal braces and I finally got my trailer back after a little over 3 months in the shop.
cuzacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:12 AM   #45

Texas
Ah cuzacey,

So YOU'RE the troublemaker!

And Giddings always seemed like a nice town.
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:03 PM   #46

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
Ah cuzacey,

So YOU'RE the troublemaker!

And Giddings always seemed like a nice town.
Hahaha! yeah I've always been a pain in the butt!

cuzacey is offline   Reply With Quote