3970 questions - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #1

Kansas
3970 questions

So, we've had our 3970 for about 3 weeks and I'd like to toss out a couple of questions:

1. Anyone who has a 3970 figured out an efficient basement storage configuration?
2. We plan to reconfigure the closet in the bedroom but the surface that's available to hang the rod on is a bit difficult. Any revelations on that issue?

Thanks for your thoughts!

JerryHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #2

Colorado
Jerry,

Basement configuration:

Found that Office Depot is now carrying a great line of plastic boxes with lids that use the "handles" to lock the lid on. So:

Put all the water hoses in one, put the SewerSolution in one. These go on top of the metal shell over the Generator.

Put all my X-jacks, propane bottles for the grill, and board with hose splitter for SewerSolutions, black tank spinners, and water supply in a big box and its on top of the battery box.

I carry a pancake air compressor and its mounted to the "basement" floor using three straps. Its on the drivers side of the basement right at the edge.

That pretty much emptied my basement. So on the passenger side. I have the small Weber grill and the 48" table, that just fits and stands in the lower "well".

Have just about finished the design to add another basement just back of the Garage entry door. It will hold my UTV loading ramps and the folding stools/ladders we use inside to get up to the loft, garage cabinets, etc.

May be confusing as the dickens...

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
My "basement" is pretty small. I ran across some Ziploc storage boxes at WallyWorld. I can get about a dozen in my compartment if I work it right.

However I kept myself in check and only use four of them. They have a seal so they are relatively water tight and they stack together very well. I haven't seen any other sizes other than the 26.5 quart ones I purchased.

I have one for fresh/potable water stuff, one for sewer stuff, one for electrical, and the other is tools and other miscellaneous stuff. I put colored duct tape on the ends to make them easier to ID in a hurry.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote