3905 bedroom TV - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2014, 11:30 PM   #1

Colorado
3905 bedroom TV

Hi all! Have a 2013 3905. When we camp we usually never turn the TV's on....however last weekend we decided to watch a movie in the bedroom. Could not figure out how to get it to connect with the DVD player. Can someone help me with this...we even had a couple teenagers with us that couldn't figure it out!!

Thanks
Chad

Rockerrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:19 AM   #2

Oklahoma
I have the same unit, and I looked behind the bedroom TV. In mine we cannot watch DVD's because it is out connected to one.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:41 AM   #3

Colorado
Only main tv is connected to a DVD player. Stock, the TV's are limited to externally supplied cable via outside coaxial connection.
splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:51 AM   #4

Colorado
If you can find a DVD player that has coax outputs, you can use that, and the coax throughout the trailer.

Or you can spend some bucks and go to HDTVSupply.com and purchase an HDMI splitter and one set of HDMI over Coax devices.

Install the HDMI over Coax to the bedroom TV.

Then, just plug the Blue Ray player output HDMI to the input of the HDMI Splitter and you'll have excellent picture quality on the Living Area and Bedroom TVs.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:50 AM   #5

Colorado
Thanks for the help....should have known to never listen to the dealer. They told me that the only TV that would not connect to the DVD was the outside one....
Rockerrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:59 AM   #6

Colorado
You know...that doesn't really surprise me. I have been amazed at how hard the dealership service techs work. But how little they know about the trailer.

So it goes!!

That's one of the best reasons for this forum!!!

Pirate
Old 06-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #7

Oklahoma
On my PDI walkthrough, I asked about the DVD, and the guy said "I don't know". Guess I should credit him with being honest. We then tryed to get them to work, but couldn't so I assumed that they wouldn't. That is why I took the TV off and looked. Only the cable connected to it.

I ordered the brackets for the ramp awning the other day (they were never installed) and the parts guy said "there's an awning back there?"

Yeah.....

At least they gave them to me under warranty.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by macman83 View Post
On my PDI walkthrough, I asked about the DVD, and the guy said "I don't know". Guess I should credit him with being honest. We then tryed to get them to work, but couldn't so I assumed that they wouldn't. That is why I took the TV off and looked. Only the cable connected to it.

I ordered the brackets for the ramp awning the other day (they were never installed) and the parts guy said "there's an awning back there?"

Yeah.....

At least they gave them to me under warranty.
Gotta love them dealers that know their products!
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:35 AM   #9

Colorado
Someone posted how they routed HDMI cables to each TV from the DVD player in the cabinet.

I'd sure like to know how the did that!

All I would like to have is an HDMI to the bedroom TV.

Thinking about it for a minute...Couldn't one copy the DVD to a jump drive an plug that into the Bedroom TV? Gonna try that.

Pirate
Old 06-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #10

Oklahoma
One could copy a DVD movie to a jump drive, sure. But it would take a TV with a USB port in it. Perhaps yours has a USB port but then somewhere in the TV has to be the software to recognise the jump drive, recognise the media on the drive and then how to deal with it. I don't think you will find that on your bedroom TV.

Larger TVs have USB ports for various operations. SMART TVs use the port for wireless adapters while other ports are used for maintenance/upgrade operations. The file is downloaded from the manufacturer with the instructions telling the TV what to do.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #11

Colorado
Sundancer,

Thanks for the info. You are probably correct.

We have, under warranty, a replacement TV for the bedroom coming. The HAIER TV just has a crappy picture. If you're not looking directly at the screen there are so many black shadows you can't see the picture. Something tell me the new TV will be no different.

So...thinking...DirecTV says it can wirelessly connect to an "RVU" TV, and I'll check on whether it will take a movie on jump drive.

Thanks again!

Pirate
Old 06-30-2014, 04:13 PM   #12

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
You know...that doesn't really surprise me. I have been amazed at how hard the dealership service techs work. But how little they know about the trailer.
So it goes!!
That's one of the best reasons for this forum!!!
Pirate
Don't think you can lump all service techs in there. MY PDI took 2 1/2 hours & he told me things I didn't know about my V3605. That was after being on this site for 3 weeks before my PDI. That was one of the reasons I drove 300 miles, for the price & the service knowledge. Fact is I think I helped someone on this site by remembering what my service tech told me.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #13

Virginia
You don't really need to route cables. You can buy an HDMI repeater kit and watch the DVD player or even a satellite receiver on any TV in the unit. Just google "TV HDMI RF repeater". There's lots of options available out there and reviews indicate they are getting quite reliable.

DR Buck is offline   Reply With Quote