2nd Trip Issues - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #1

Texas
2nd Trip Issues

Had a great weekend floating the river down in New Braunfels, and a relatively trouble free weekend with the Voltage. Couple of issues:

The rear bath window mechanism broke when opening. The window was stuck pretty good to the weatherstrip and the extender arms popped out of the track. I troubleshot that for a fix but didn't see any simple way to get the wheels back in the track. Anyone have this issue before?

Second time I've had water in the storage compartment after someone showers. I originally thought I had a drain fitting that was leaking, but I've since figured out that if someone gets a little over zealous and splashes water outside the shower door track it pools in the narrow corner between the vanity cabinet and shower. I think it's just leaking under the wall and dripping down into the storage bay. Anyone?

The rear sofa support arms have been trouble since day 1. The little tension pins are terrible, and have popped out now every trip. This time several popped out and I'm debating the actual necessity of the arms all together. Anyone else had this issue, are they really necessary in your opinion?

Galley slide is still tweaking the interior trim when fully extended. I can't tell if it's just extending to far or if the trim should have been shimmed out more when originally installed. The slide seems like it's extending to it's proper distance, so I'm leaning towards the trim being shimmed. I glued and secured the piece that popped off on the first trip, but it's already being pushed out again. I might end up caving in and claiming warranty work for this one.

Other than those small issues, we have enjoyed it and are really happy with the Voltage!

2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic '07 Heritage Softail 2011 Polaris Sportsman 550 EPS
jonthefireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #2

California
We also did our 2nd trip this past weekend. Can't relate to any rear sofa or rear bath problems as we haven't had any. Our leak on the shower was fixed by installing a bead of silicone on the inside & outside of the shower door track rail.
We did have a problem with the front bedroom pocket door. We closed it the second night out & it looked us in. That is once closed it wouldn't slide back in. Come to find out its the bottom of the door sliding past the bottom u shaped thing ? that keeps it in place. It's like the door is a hair to narrow or that u shaped thing needs to be mounted a little farther out. Just not sure how to get the door off to make the fix. Also need to move the sewer hose holder. Getting down on your hands & knees to reach that is for a much younger guy than me.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #3

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
We also did our 2nd trip this past weekend. Can't relate to any rear sofa or rear bath problems as we haven't had any. Our leak on the shower was fixed by installing a bead of silicone on the inside & outside of the shower door track rail.
We did have a problem with the front bedroom pocket door. We closed it the second night out & it looked us in. That is once closed it wouldn't slide back in. Come to find out its the bottom of the door sliding past the bottom u shaped thing ? that keeps it in place. It's like the door is a hair to narrow or that u shaped thing needs to be mounted a little farther out. Just not sure how to get the door off to make the fix. Also need to move the sewer hose holder. Getting down on your hands & knees to reach that is for a much younger guy than me.
Make that locked us in.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:19 AM   #4

Alberta
Yes the sewer hose storage tube needs to be moved out. I moved ours out so that the cap was one and a half inches in from the edge of the trailer and made a outer mount for it on our 12 voltage. Now I don't feel like I'm doing yoga to get the hose out.
D and C 12 voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:25 AM   #5

Colorado
Don't use the sewer hose storage that they provide, it's a horrible disign. The cap sucks to take on and off plus you can't store your hose with your connections. Here is what I did. only took about 30 minutes and about $50 at Lowes.

used 5" vinyl fence post with end caps, 4" vinyl gutter with end caps, plumbers strap, bunjee cord, and self drilling screws. Took me about 30 minutes to do. So I thank who ever showed this idea. Works awesome.

The bujee cord is fastened on each side and passes through the cap, easy removal and cap stays with storage. Easy to access and remove hose, best of all your fittings will never have to be removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140604_165940_resized.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1198   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140604_170004_resized.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1199   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140604_170019_resized.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1200  
Hazerdous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #6

Alberta
I had to file all the excess plastic in the caps edges now I don't have to channel locks to take off or put on

D and C 12 voltage is offline   Reply With Quote