2103 Voltage 3800 hauler TV coax wiring - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #1

Oklahoma
2103 Voltage 3800 hauler TV coax wiring

I'll be taking delivery on the 2013 Voltage 3800 next month and have a question about the coax wiring for the four TVs in the unit.

I have a tripod mount DirecTV antenna with a triple LNB. The LNB has an internal switch that will enable me to receive the satellites 101 and 119. There's one coax coming from the LNBs that will connect to the coax intake on the unit. Presumably there will be coax to connect one DBS receiver to that coax cable.

The question is, what will be needed to connect all four TVs to the TV output on the receiver.

Has anyone done this without having to connect and reconnect to each and every TV that wants to be viewed?

sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #2

Wow.. the same set up basically as mine only mine is a tad shorter. I tried to hook up the sat receiver on our last trip out. I could never get it to work just right but did get sat tv in the den area. After I got home I pulled up my sat schematics of the unit and it shows the small coaxial loop (if you have one like mine) is removed and top connection of the loop is the input for the sat receiver and the bottom is for the tv output. This is where i could never get a good signal to the rest of the units. The schematic shows from outside to the upper connection of the loop is a straight shot without splitters etc. The bottom of the loop goes through the amp (or bypass if off) to the splitters to the tv. I am going to try it again now that i know the wiring diagram. In theory it should work but it seems like, if my memory serves me right, i tried it correctly and could never get a signal to the other sets. It will go to the shop shortly if I cannot get it right. I will give it one more go before I give up. Let us know how you come out on yours.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #3

Texas
Tanman,

Any chance you could post those schematics that you mentioned? I am getting ready to connect a Tailgater system and was hoping to determine what each of the coax connections at the amplifier face plate run to.

Thanks,

Greg
gfvillano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #4

I would be happy to post the schematic however its in PDF format. How do you post that>>??

maybe I can find a way to make it an image file then I can post it as a picture unless someone pops in on how to post a pdf.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
I would be happy to post the schematic however its in PDF format. How do you post that>>??

maybe I can find a way to make it an image file then I can post it as a picture unless someone pops in on how to post a pdf.

It's a file so you can post it as an attachment. That would be very helpful or even perhaps the url where you found the schematic. I've checked the Dutchman site and didn't find anything pertaining to the secret wiring stuff.
I have done a little research and it seems as if a 4-way splitter might work for the four TVs in my unit. However, a schematic would be appreciated.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #6

??Whoa ,... I used the reply link and not the quick link and there is a way to attach it. lets hope it goes thru.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Voltage Satelite Cable Wiring.pdf (106.2 KB, 524 views)
Old 12-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #7

dang,, it did go thru.. I have another file where the amp was modified since some say it doesnt allow the signal through well enough.. it seems like an easy enough modification for the voltage but can probably be used on any wingard amp.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf satellite_rewire.pdf (957.8 KB, 595 views)
Old 12-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #8

Texas
Great information Tanman. Many thanks!

Greg
gfvillano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #9

Alabama
aint no way to avoid running cables to bedroom tv hook up , been trying all day the bed room tv hook up evidently goes straight to the bat wing antenna, so ssplit it at the satellite input and run another cable to your directv box
aspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #10

Alabama
why in the world dont the manufacturers run a seperate receiver hook to bedrooms in rvs i bet it would cost at least 10.00
aspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #11

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen View Post
why in the world dont the manufacturers run a seperate receiver hook to bedrooms in rvs i bet it would cost at least 10.00
If they did that they would be guessing the customer would have a more advanced satellite system. The owner would need an antenna with more than one LNB output, an output for each additional receiver as it were. Then additional and expensive multi-switches would be needed. There are the wireless receivers out there too so another coax run would/could be a waste of time and money.

That would be a lot of ten dollars to do that, to pass on to the customer to finance.

Instead of another coax run I'd prefer to have an increase in QC.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
Old 07-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #12

Texas
This is exactly what I was looking for. I just want to wire for all TV's to run off of the same dish box for now so, I shouldn't need a switch.

BTW, It looks like they started adding the extra coax feeds to do this setup( in the PDFs) on the newer models.
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #13

Pennsylvania
If the bedroom tv is only hooked to the batwing antenna, how do the other TV's work from that antenna too?
rick-renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:01 AM   #14

Texas
Thanks for the diagram

Bwanajohn is offline   Reply With Quote