2016 Voltage Slide Trouble - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2016, 11:28 PM   #1

Maine
2016 Voltage Slide Trouble

Hello gang! Today upon opening my 2016 Voltage 3970 kitchen slide (oven side), I noticed a loud "pop" right before it's fully open. This I believe is the first year with thecable driven slides and I am trying to determine if this is an immediate concern, or something that is just out of adjustment a little bit. Any cable slide owners out there that have had this issue?

Thanks in advance!

boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:40 PM   #2

Maryland
Alright...my Outback had cables and I had to replace the gearbox on my kitchen...easy for the end user, and fairly easy to get the parts.

Look for the BAL guide on install/adjustment. I bought a tool off Amazon and cable ends as they may fail....again, easy for the end user.

As far as the popping, could very well be the cables are twisted and jumped a pulley. Check the slack and ensure the tension is proper when out AND when in. They should remain under tension, but not like a piano wire, and definitely no drooping.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:17 AM   #3

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostme View Post
Hello gang! Today upon opening my 2016 Voltage 3970 kitchen slide (oven side), I noticed a loud "pop" right before it's fully open. This I believe is the first year with thecable driven slides and I am trying to determine if this is an immediate concern, or something that is just out of adjustment a little bit. Any cable slide owners out there that have had this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Check the thin wood trim. It forms a flange over the metal trim on the slide when fully opened. My 2015 seemed to want to hang up until I adjusted it (the wood trim that is).
Captain Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #4

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by calewjohnson View Post
Alright...my Outback had cables and I had to replace the gearbox on my kitchen...easy for the end user, and fairly easy to get the parts.

Look for the BAL guide on install/adjustment. I bought a tool off Amazon and cable ends as they may fail....again, easy for the end user.

As far as the popping, could very well be the cables are twisted and jumped a pulley. Check the slack and ensure the tension is proper when out AND when in. They should remain under tension, but not like a piano wire, and definitely no drooping.

Cale
Cale,

I have been looking at mine and wondering if I should adjust anything, I am done with the local dealer I bought from. The cables are slack when the slide is in or out, but I stopped it at the halfway point and everything was tight. I am afraid that if I snug everything up at the in or out point, it will be too tight during operation, any suggestions? I have downloaded the guide.

I have not experienced any popping sounds, but have had to re-attach trim on the slides, the factory nail guns always seem to be set too high.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:17 PM   #5

Maryland
The cables should be have no slack in or out...stopping in between and checking the adjustment is not a good data point, as you only adjust to in or out.

Check out this manual. http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/ac...ice-manual.pdf

That should have all you need. BAL has a single page document that shows everything really well,made displaying on the iPad quite handy.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote