2015 Voltage 3970 with new cable slide mechanism - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2015, 12:06 AM   #1

Arkansas
2015 Voltage 3970 with new cable slide mechanism

We noticed on our first trip that the #1 slide out (the one with the corner sofa and the cook stove) does not extend fully. It lacks 3 to 5 inches before the slide out trim touches the wall, like the other two slide outs. The doors on the entertainment center will not open. It looks funny. It has been in the shop since 16-April for them to finally tell us today that it is designed that way. It isn't supposed to extend fully. Anybody else out there with a Voltage 3970 that has the new cable mechanism on the slides? Does yours extend fully. The other Voltages that we looked at during the buying process all had the Swentech slides. Is the shop as full of manure as I think they are, or has Dutchmen really designed something so silly? Seems unusually odd that 2 of the 3 slide outs slide out fully and one does not. However, it is made a little different than the other two. Someone please advise.

Chapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:47 AM   #2

Arizona
Sure, the 3970 designers are so inept that the slides aren't supposed to extend fully and the entertainment center doors are designed not to open. Tell your service people that they are inept.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:07 AM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Sure, the 3970 designers are so inept that the slides aren't supposed to extend fully and the entertainment center doors are designed not to open. Tell your service people that they are inept.
Nope that is the way they are built. There is a long thread on here somewhere about it. I think what happened is they switched the mechanism without redesigning the slide. With the cable mechanism IIRC the motor or a gear case goes on top of the slide which means it cannot go as far out it would if it wasn't there. Typical Dutchmen design and quality control.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:21 AM   #4

Arkansas
I called myself searching all over for the website for the thread before I made the post. Couldn't find it. Hard to believe that someone who puts together such a nice rig would do such. Especially making such a change between ordering the unit and delivery of the unit. Flipping the brackets over would seem to solve the problem. Still irritates me beyond belief that it took the shop 6 weeks to figure out that no repairs were required. Stay as far away from Camping World North Little Rock as possible.
Chapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:49 AM   #5

Texas
This is the link to the thread mentioned above...

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...ides-2716.html

On my Torque TH that had a cable slide it did extend all the way out, but if it got stuck while extended you would have to remove the keystone wood trim piece top dead center of the slide to access the motor with the manual tool.

I never found out how easy or hard that would be.

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #6

Maryland
My Outback had cable slides. I found them to be high maintenance. They were suppose to be checked for adjustment every 90 days, whether or not they were used, due to the fact that there is always a set of cables in tension. Long story short, the gearbox on my kitchen slide stripped its gears, we had to use channel locks each time we wanted the slide in/out until we got it fixed. It was a quick $125 fix, which I did myself, but nonetheless a pain....

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:55 PM   #7

Texas
All three of the slides do not extend out. My bedroom slide has been leaking because the rubber wipers rest upon the windows and not flush against the bedroom sidewalls. Water will run down behind the wipers and into the bedroom floor. Keystone as of this writing isreplacing my bedroom sidewalls with the 2017 sidewalls, which moved the window placement out a few inches to allow the wipers to have full contact with the sidewalls. My entertainment center doors also do not open fully and access to the compartments is not as it should be. This is really a terrible design flaw. To resolve this problem on the 2017 model 3970, they simply removed the doors and cheapened up the appearance of the compartments. Way to go Keystone!

Alprath is offline   Reply With Quote