2015 Voltage 3970 New Owner - Set up question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #1

Indiana
2015 Voltage 3970 New Owner - Set up question

I am picking up my new TH on Saturday. I have been reading and watching videos about hooking up to fifth wheels. I think I got it. BUT, I am looking for an operations manual for the leveling jacks,etc. Anyone know where to get these. AND I am looking for a checklist procedure people use for set up and tear down. I had one for my bumper pull but this is a different beast.

PS. I'll share pictures once we get it picked up! I get my truck tonight. TH on Saturday.

Rhoadzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #2

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoadzie View Post
I am picking up my new TH on Saturday. I have been reading and watching videos about hooking up to fifth wheels. I think I got it. BUT, I am looking for an operations manual for the leveling jacks,etc. Anyone know where to get these. AND I am looking for a checklist procedure people use for set up and tear down. I had one for my bumper pull but this is a different beast.

PS. I'll share pictures once we get it picked up! I get my truck tonight. TH on Saturday.

If you have the lippert system, there is a manual on the lippert components website. The TH should also have a set of manuals that come with it.

As for a check list, it’s much like any other TT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTripp0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:13 AM   #3

Colorado
My process.

Hooking up. The trailer is sitting with all six Lippert jacks on the ground. I raise the rear four, in manual, all the way up. I then extend the two front jacks until the truck 5th wheel hitch will go under the King Pin with about an inch clearance.

Back the truck under the king pin until the front edge of the trailer hitch is about 1 1/2" over the plate on the truck hitch.

Then retract the front trailer jacks until the king pin plate is just resting on the truck side of the hitch.

With the 5th wheel release arm popped loose and fully closed. Back under the king pin until it pushes the release arm out and then it pops back in. A flashlight check will tell you that hitch is clasped around the king pin. and the hitch is fully engaged.

Now retract the front jacks fully. Hook up the safety brake cable and plug in the wiring and you're ready to go.

When you reach your destination. Pull forward to get the trailer right where you want it.

Extend the front jacks until there is about 1/4" between the hitch face and the king pin face. Unplug the wiring and unhook the safety brake. Now unclip the lock on the release arm and pull it fully out until it can be moved to the side a bit and hooks on the hitch body. Sometimes you may have to back up or pull forward a bit in order to pull the release are out. It happens. But when you have it latched, you can pull the truck forward until you are out from under the trailer by a foot or two. So the king pin is not over the bed.

Now go back to the Lippert control panel, turn it on if necessary and push the magic "Auto Level" button.

The trailer will go through its leveling process and let you know via a beep that success has been achieved and the trailer is level.

That's how I've figured out to do it best.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:55 PM   #4

Colorado
Don't forget to check the air in your hitch bladder (if equipped).
Lilnuts is offline   Reply With Quote