2015 voltage 3800 epic 4 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2015, 01:14 AM   #1

Illinois
2015 voltage 3800 epic 4

Just ordered our new toy... Anybody have any good model specific tips, mods etc? Any voltage Rv tips or tricks to look for? Been snooping the forums like crazy before and after buying... Coming from an outback 250 RS and the outbackers forum... These forums are a God Send of info... Appreciate any and all suggestions...

Old 03-11-2015, 01:48 AM   #2

Missouri
You found a good place! Even though this is a Dutchman forum, I would say 75% of the active participants are Voltage owners..

Dig around the posts and you find almost anything you need or just ask..

Congratulations on your new TH!

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #3

Texas
Tip - Thorough PDI.

Enjoy!
soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #4

Illinois
Took delivery of our 3800 little over a week ago. Did a quick PDI and took it home... I know I'm going to get flak for that, but our dealer WANTS us to take it home and go over it at our pace. For one it gets the unit out of their hair and frees up space at dealer, it benefits us in that we can take home and go over it OUR way and don't have to spend an entire day at the dealer! All the major things are good with a punch list containing about 35-40 items including scratches on the outside to a nail sticking up through main mattress and EVERYTHING in-between. We LOVE the unit and can't wait to go on our big trip to "yogi in the smokies". The dealership said EVERYTHING would be done by Memorial Day. MOST of the items are cosmetic and show the speed or laziness in which these Condos on wheels are put together!!!
Old 04-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #5

Colorado
Being the owner of a 2014 Epic III 3800....

Here are three things I would check first:

1. Is the bedroom bed mattress supported on both sides. Ours, the OSB platform the mattress rests on came within about 2" of the edge of the mattress on the Passenger side. I was about 8" on the Drivers side. So I always woke up feeling like I was in a "hole". I made drawings for the fix and can share them if you like.

2. The garage bathroom toilet flushes straight down into the rear black water tank. Have someone stand on the flush valve so that you can use a bright flashlight and look down the toilet to the tank and make sure there is nothing there causing restriction. Ours did, dealer did something, and never told us what it was. But fine now.

3. Just use water to put a about a 25 gallons in the bedroom grey and black water tanks. Then check over a time period, say a day, and make sure the valves hold. These two valve handles are in the "wet cabinet" on the outside. Make sure the valve handles go all the way in smoothly, pull out smoothly, then go back in smoothly. Ours did not...and when you're leaving, you take the cap off the drain pipe and ...surprise!! Here's the link to the post I did on replacing them with Valterra electric valves...which I strongly suggest before you start using the trailer:

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...lves-2682.html

That's all real "issues" we've dealt with in our first 5 or 6 major trips in the first year of ownership!

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #6

Illinois
Thanks for the heads-up Pirate!!! I seen the install on the electric valves... great job!!! The OSB on the master bed of course shorter and narrower than the mattress but it does go all the way to the box on bottom to be supported. Haven't camped except for in the driveway... when we get her back I will definitely check the black and grey tanks... One question if you don't mind...Do you have 2 dump hoses connected with a Y adapter or do you just do them separately wether at a full hook-up as well as at a dump station?
Old 04-27-2015, 01:45 AM   #7

Colorado
I use "Sewer Solution" set ups. One connected to each of the two drain pipes. I have the hose and valve set-up to use the Sewer Solution mounted on a 2x10 and can move it to which ever drain pipe is being used.

I have the materials to put together a Y if using a single drain hook-up in a park. If at a dump station out side a park...then its do one and then do the other.

But with the Sewer Solution the water jet allows me to keep the "stuff" draining and rinses the piping thoroughly. Combine that with the "spinners" in the tanks...and I'm able to get things really clean! I like that!

With the bed, you're going to find that the 7 or 8 inches of mattress hanging over the OSB is going to find the person on that side waking up with themselves on the mattress part hanging over, and drooping so you're staring at the side of the nightstand. Pretty funny, but gets pretty uncomfortable quickly.

Pirate
Old 04-27-2015, 02:38 AM   #8

Illinois
I've seen on here someone that extended there bed with 3/4" plywood... I can see us doing SOMETHING cuz we are no lightweights...
Old 04-27-2015, 02:46 AM   #9

Colorado
I'm on that did the project and posted how I did it. I used 3/4" OSB...as you can get it with one "finished" side and it will remain flat.

Any plywood I buy today...lay it on the floor its flat, next morning none of the corners will be on the floor. Warps incredibly...so I've finally begun using OSB...as it remains flat!!!

Let me find the post and send you a link...

Pirate