2014 voltage V3305 question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #1

Texas
2014 voltage V3305 question

I got my rig about a week ago and I am stumped as to where they mounted the powered subwoofer for the sound system. There is a fuse in the panel that says "woofer". I pulled it out and reconnected it and got a spark so something is being powered. I pulled the radio out and the rear aux out on the radio has RCA cable connected to it as well. For the life of me, I can not figure out where they mounted the darn thing. Anyone know where it may be?

I also found the telephone wire and remote level control knob that should hook up to it in the manual packet.

Stumped!

firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #2

Louisiana
On my Voltage 3600 it sounds like it is under the stairs to the front bathroom. Subs can be tricky to locate though since you can sometimes get louder sound from the reverberations than the actual speaker.

Interesting that you have a remote level control, I didn't see one in my packet. Maybe they plugged it into the sub and zip-tied it to something. I'll have to take a look.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #3

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
On my Voltage 3600 it sounds like it is under the stairs to the front bathroom. Subs can be tricky to locate though since you can sometimes get louder sound from the reverberations than the actual speaker.

Interesting that you have a remote level control, I didn't see one in my packet. Maybe they plugged it into the sub and zip-tied it to something. I'll have to take a look.
The main reason I am even asking is that there seems to be no sub sound playing when the radio is playing...I have adjusted the levels on the radio ect with no change in sound.

For what its worth, I am not a mobile audio novice as everything I own has a radio on it....
Old 07-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Mine is behind the electric fire place.

I doubt if you will get sub bass with the radio. DVDs yes. If you have the Samsung unit you'll have to set it on multi-channel to get the best sound or you can do like I did. Pull it out and replace it with a Panasonic unit that will give surround sound in all modes.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Mine is behind the electric fire place.

I doubt if you will get sub bass with the radio. DVDs yes. If you have the Samsung unit you'll have to set it on multi-channel to get the best sound or you can do like I did. Pull it out and replace it with a Panasonic unit that will give surround sound in all modes.
Sundancer 87
Does the Panasonic unit give you surround sound on everything? TV channels, DVD's, Radio, etc ?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #6

Oklahoma
It does give me sound out of all five speakers in all modes.

I fought with the OEM unit and it just made me mad so I replaced it with a different unit. I could go through the set up and the test mode would sound through all speakers but when it came time for a DVD I would lose one speaker in the corner amd the bass was crappy.

I called Samsung tech and they assured me that the audio source had to be five channel to work properly. He even told me I needed a five channel source on a DVD for it to work properly. I could only tell him I was using the latest DVD, a 2013 DVD for a source.

A surround sound unit will split the audio source five ways even if it isn't five way.

The Panasonic will do this so I have sound out of all five speakers. I was ready to pull down speakers and pull out the sub woofer but changing the OEM unit saved me from doing so.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #7

Idaho
I have a 3305 and had the same thoughts as you are. I can tell you it is not worth hooking up the remote level control. The sub is not of good quality and after locating it and hooking up the remote control it seems to put out all or nothing. I am planing to upgrade it with a better powered subwoofer. The only way to get to it is from the pass through compartment on the drivers side you have to remove the carpeted panel towards the back of the trailer. You will see it directly under the bedroom stair case.
Satman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #8

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satman View Post
I have a 3305 and had the same thoughts as you are. I can tell you it is not worth hooking up the remote level control. The sub is not of good quality and after locating it and hooking up the remote control it seems to put out all or nothing. I am planing to upgrade it with a better powered subwoofer. The only way to get to it is from the pass through compartment on the drivers side you have to remove the carpeted panel towards the back of the trailer. You will see it directly under the bedroom stair case.
Thanks for the heads info Satman! I previously looked behind the panel and even through the vents under the stairs. I guess I will pull it off and try again.. I think I my replace the sub(if I ever find it) with an amp (since all of the power is already there) to power the 6.5's to allow a little more depth in sound.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #9

Quebec
On my trailer we have the Samsung unit and it gives great 5.1 sound in either DVD or TV mode. Note that you have to have the Samsung set on 'digital in' mode to get the sound through it from the TV or DVD's. One odd thing is that after switching to digital in mode, it takes a good 5 or 10 seconds for the sound to come on.
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #10

Texas
The V series trailers do not have the samsung units. They use a sony "in dash" dvd player/ radio. This may make some difference in suggestions.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #11

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
The V series trailers do not have the samsung units. They use a sony "in dash" dvd player/ radio. This may make some difference in suggestions.
V3800 toy hauler had a Samsung DVD until I replaced it with the Panasonic.

However, I do have a Sony in dash DVD/radio/with removable face plate in the garage that services the outside TV and the garage TV.

I'm sure the goodies put in these things are what came in at the best price per car load. Probably not much of a guarantee that all models have the same stuff.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #12

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmiles View Post
On my trailer we have the Samsung unit and it gives great 5.1 sound in either DVD or TV mode. Note that you have to have the Samsung set on 'digital in' mode to get the sound through it from the TV or DVD's. One odd thing is that after switching to digital in mode, it takes a good 5 or 10 seconds for the sound to come on.
Not so odd about the audio delay, the Panasonic does it too. Just my electronic guess but the delay is a 'soft' load rather than having the audio amp come on full bore. I think it ramps up the audio amp for longer life.

I went so far as to add a remote IR extender so I wouldn't have to get up and open the door to do remote operations.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:11 AM   #13

California
Did you ever find the sub Satman? I have taken off the panels on both sides and I can't find it or hear it either. We just bought our 2014 V3305 last week and I'm trying to fix a few minor issues with it.
DB03Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #14

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB03Z06 View Post
Did you ever find the sub Satman? I have taken off the panels on both sides and I can't find it or hear it either. We just bought our 2014 V3305 last week and I'm trying to fix a few minor issues with it.
I never found the sub but, honestly haven't really continued to look for it either. I may be pulling the panels here fairly soon and will check in a few spots but will not got to great lengths by any means to find it as I find myself out of the rig more than in it.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #15

California
Thanks Jbee. I am not going to great lengths either. I would just like to have the bass that a powered sub is supposed to provide. I am going to pull the Sony unit and see if that tells me anything. I'm more interested in fitting in a directv receiver, blu ray player and hdmi cords next. It was interesting to see everything else behind the panels though. Gave me a chance to hand tighten a few loose hose fittings and notice a broken wire strain relief etc. I know what you mean though, I would rather be enjoying the great outdoors instead of listening to music or watching tv inside...
Old 05-14-2014, 12:11 AM   #16

Nevada
From the pictures on the Dutchman site it looks like it is some where around the heater return air vents(under the steps to the bathroom) you can access them from the basement.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:24 AM   #17

California
Thanks eightydo. Where are the pictures you are talking about? Can you paste a link to them or tell me where they are on the website? Thanks.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:50 AM   #18

Nevada
The eighth picture on this web page
Voltage Haulers Model V3305 Floorplan
Look to the lower right see those lovers behind them.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:16 AM   #19

California
I'm pretty sure it's not behind those vent panels in the bathroom stairs. I looked there and no sign of it. I pulled the Sony unit and the rear sub out cable looks like it's going to the driver's side. I'm going to call Dutchmen to see if they know where it is so I can check to see if it's working correctly. Sure doesn't sound like it is. The woofer fuse has power going through it so it should be in there somewhere.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #20

Oklahoma
I am sure I've mentioned this lately, my sub woofer was hanging by one loose screw on top of the fire place insert.

I had to remove the top portion of faux brick to access it and install it as it should have been at the factory.