2014 Voltage Epic Sony Home Theater - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #1

Colorado
2014 Voltage Epic Sony Home Theater

So we got our 2014 Voltage Epic 3800 in May. Been very busy and have only had it out four times. So I don't know it inside and out...yet!

But I have figured out how to connect my iPod to the Kenwood system in the garage. So there are speakers in the garage ceiling and in the TV "cabinet" outside. There are two rocker switches that allow selection of the inside speakers, the outside speakers, or both.

But no music in the living area of the trailer...

I read through the Sony Home Theater System "operating instructions"....and found virtually no information of use.

So help me, is this system connected to the Kenwood system in the garage so that I can have music in the living area?

One other question...how is the Sony Bravia television mounted in the living area? Is it a fixed mount or a "swing out" mount?

Yeah...been busy and just haven't wanted to tear into things, so thought I would ask!

Thanks!

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
So we got our 2014 Voltage Epic 3800 in May. Been very busy and have only had it out four times. So I don't know it inside and out...yet!

But I have figured out how to connect my iPod to the Kenwood system in the garage. So there are speakers in the garage ceiling and in the TV "cabinet" outside. There are two rocker switches that allow selection of the inside speakers, the outside speakers, or both.

But no music in the living area of the trailer...

I read through the Sony Home Theater System "operating instructions"....and found virtually no information of use.

So help me, is this system connected to the Kenwood system in the garage so that I can have music in the living area?

One other question...how is the Sony Bravia television mounted in the living area? Is it a fixed mount or a "swing out" mount?

Yeah...been busy and just haven't wanted to tear into things, so thought I would ask!

Thanks!

Pirate
On my 3800 the garage radio/DVD is only for the garage and exterior TV. Not goes forward to the rst of the unit.

I have a Samsung TV and it had a 'drop' TV mount. It lifted straight up and out. I don't remember it having a locking bar, just the weight of the TV proper kept it in the slots. I did change the mount to a swing out/tilt flavor a few months later for easier access to the rear of the TV.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #3

Colorado
Thanks Sundancer...that's what I was afraid of.

Wonder if I can figure out how to run wires from the Kenwood to the Sony.

One of those things that is just stupid on Dutchmen's part. Why would you want to have to sit in the garage or outside to listen to music?

Thanks,

Pirate
Old 10-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #4

Oklahoma
You could tap into the outside speaker wires and run them in the belly up to the livingroom speakers I suppose.

But, doesn't your TV DVD player have the FM option? Does it have the MP3 input. If the DVD player has all that then there's no reason to wire the garage to the entertainment center or TV.

There's four options for music up front. Depending on how I feel I'll connect the phone, an MP3 player, audio CD or tune the radio for music up there. You should be able to do that I bet.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #5

Colorado
Hmmm...I've become an iPod guy. Still have my 1st generation iPod an the "firewire". Now had a classic and two Nanos.

Gave up on FM, have given up on SiriusXM, so its iPods in all the vehicles and now the Voltage.

I'll have the belly cover off a lot of the trailer this Winter changing out the valves with electric ones. That will be a good opportunity to see about wiring up the sound bar from the Kenwood.

Gonna be interesting!!

Pirate
Old 10-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Let us know when the belly is open, I have some questions about some of the plumbing down there and you will be the 'go to' expert!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:25 PM   #7

Colorado
I will do that and post pics.

Dealer cut two smaller holes to try and see why the black water valve won't close. So I took the patch off, looked up in there...more loose wires that you can count. So I'll have a number of things to do!!!

I learned at the Balloon Fiesta how I'm going to make working under there easier. The RV park was so off level, that when Auto Leveled, the drivers side tires were off the ground.

So...hmmm...now that its on my concrete RV pad and level....why not run the jacks all the way up and have more headroom underneath??

Pirate
Old 10-19-2014, 10:58 PM   #8

Nevada
Quote:

Dealer cut two smaller holes to try and see why the black water valve won't close. So I took the patch off, looked up in there...more loose wires that you can count. So I'll have a number of things to do!!!

I learned at the Balloon Fiesta how I'm going to make working under there easier. The RV park was so off level, that when Auto Leveled, the drivers side tires were off the ground.

So...hmmm...now that its on my concrete RV pad and level....why not run the jacks all the way up and have more headroom underneath??

Pirate
Pirate;
If you were in the RV park south of Alameda the reason it is so un level is that it was a was Garbage Dump in it's past. Hope you enjoyed the Balloons. Because I had so much fun it should be illegal. They parked me near the Cemetery and I wait some visitors but none came.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #9

Colorado
Yup, wife planned the trip a year in advance so we were in the section with water and electricity!!

It was an awesome experience!!

Took a balloon flight on Tuesday, and that was something too! Gads, $429 each was a shock...but it was on her bucket list...so we did it and enjoyed it!!!

If someone wants to go next year, get your reservations now!!

Pirate
Old 10-20-2014, 12:38 AM   #10

Oklahoma
Quote:

Pirate
I've changed tires that way, book says not to but what are you supposed to go when you get leveled with the tires off the ground. I wouldn't have a problem lifting all of them off to gain more room but my insurance policy would be to leave it hooked to the fifth wheel, just in case.

I'd like to get under mine but the chiggers here have chiggers and all I have is grass
Old 10-20-2014, 12:53 AM   #11

Colorado
ooh...I remember chiggers at the Summer house I North Carolina! Nasty.

First thing my Dad did was mix up the bug killer and spray the yard!!

Here in Southern Colorado ours is about 4 hatches a Summer of No Seeum Gnats!!!

Very glad Fall is here!!!

Pirate
Old 10-20-2014, 03:03 AM   #12

Colorado
Quote:
Hmmm...I've become an iPod guy. Still have my 1st generation iPod an the "firewire". Now had a classic and two Nanos.

Gave up on FM, have given up on SiriusXM, so its iPods in all the vehicles and now the Voltage.

I'll have the belly cover off a lot of the trailer this Winter changing out the valves with electric ones. That will be a good opportunity to see about wiring up the sound bar from the Kenwood.

Gonna be interesting!!

Pirate
Gents, both the garage Kenwood and the Sony sound bar in the living area are bluetooth... no wiring needed for either. You can play and control your music anywhere around the rig in your hand.
splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #13

Oklahoma
No sound bar for me, didn't have that critter in the 2013, 3800 flavor.

Maybe I have seen something about Bluetooth on the garage radio but the Yamaha doesn't listen to too much music so it's not a thing for me.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #14

Colorado
Gads Sundancer...get with the program!!

Not sure if my RZR listens to much music either.

I do know its interesting that I don't listen to music in the RZR. I'm an old gearhead and like to listen to the machine!

Pirate
Old 10-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #15

Oklahoma
Eggsactly, the machine has a much better melody for me. I have to admit that I have many DVDs and CDs, a few MP3 players and tunes on the phone that I haven't yet seen or heard. I have 'em but those things don't permeate my atmosphere.

I am with the program, I no longer have a cassette player or 8 track machine or VHS machine. I have a Boze system in the truck that I'm sure I could operate with a little practice too but I'd rather hear that big diesel whine. I do miss Boy George and his music though..............
Old 10-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #16

Colorado
Wait a minute...Wait a minute...Boy George and the Culture Club???? Everyone, there's a sicko on the forum!!!!

Let's see, I owned my 2005 Cummins 3500 for four years an never put a CD in the player. I've owned the Duramax for four years and never put CD in the player.

My 2008 Ultra Classic had an MP3 player that was nice...put over a hundred songs on an 80Mb CD...and listen to one all day. That was nice! But then I could also plug my iPod in and listen for a very long time!!

I'm out stacking firewood this morning got my iPod Nano in my pocket...sure wish I had Bluetooth head phones tho...

Pirate
Old 10-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #17

Oklahoma
Quote:
Wait a minute...Wait a minute...Boy George and the Culture Club???? Everyone, there's a sicko on the forum!!!!

Let's see, I owned my 2005 Cummins 3500 for four years an never put a CD in the player. I've owned the Duramax for four years and never put CD in the player.

My 2008 Ultra Classic had an MP3 player that was nice...put over a hundred songs on an 80Mb CD...and listen to one all day. That was nice! But then I could also plug my iPod in and listen for a very long time!!

I'm out stacking firewood this morning got my iPod Nano in my pocket...sure wish I had Bluetooth head phones tho...

Pirate
A little something to rattle through your head while stacking wood,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dessert loving in your eyes all the way.
If I listen to your lies,
would you say I'm a man without conviction,
I'm a man who doesn't know
how to sale a contradiction?
You come and go, you come and go.

Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma, chameleon,
Loving would be easy if your colours were like my dreams:
red, gold, and green, red, gold, and green.

Didn't you hear your wicked words ever'y day.
And you used to be so sweet.
I heard you say that my love was an addiction.
When we cling, our love is strong.
When you go, you're gone forever.
You string along, you string along.

Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma, chameleon,
Loving would be easy if your colours were like my dreams:
red, gold, and green, red, gold, and green.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #18

Colorado
sundancer you are just sicko!!

I got all the firewood stacked without that song getting stuck in my head!!

Jeez!! Maybe I'm glad I've had a TBI...and that's where that song went....

Beautiful Fall day here in Southern Colorado! 73 degrees, some clouds gathering. Hard to beat!!

Oh, tried to Bluetooth my iPod Nano to my Silverado...nope, that didn't work...yet....

Pirate
Old 10-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #19
Site Team

North Carolina
My tastes are bit more esoteric than Boy George

My favorite go to for music anymore is Pandora. I have unlimited data (well almost) on my company phone. I can plug that into the audio in and listen for hours.

I also have a 16g Sansa Clip player, probably 300 CD's worth of music on it.

Funny thing is my Airstream still has the 8 track and I still have tapes for it

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #20

Colorado
Wahoo,

Yup, really like Pandora via our Roku device at home, and have one in the trailer...but haven't had an RV park with good enough internet. And wife doesn't like us using the Verizon hot spot due to streaming charges..

Yup, I still have a box of 8 track tapes. Including some that my brother recorded for me...talk about antiques!!! Oh and I still have a Doors 4 track tape!

Pirate