2014 Voltage 3950 help me pull trigger - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2014, 12:05 AM   #21

Colorado
I guess, being new to Voltage toyhaulers...are some of the real problem children the V series? Ours is the Epic III. We've been out only once, for 10 days in Moab.

Only problem so far is lack of coat hooks and key racks. Bought and installed them. So much better than our first Jayco toyhauler!!

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #22

Colorado
Wow, I have to say that this is a depressing thread given that I just bought a very lightly used 2012 3950. I sure hope I do not have the issues that others have had. I will be keeping it inside at a very nice RV Park Center with great service but I hope I do not have to use them much. Hopefully the prior owner worked the bugs out because it is no longer under warranty. I looks like it was used once, maybe twice. Fingers crossed.

MisterScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #23

Colorado
Just got back from our maiden voyage in our new 3950. Although it was just for the weekend we wanted to give it a quick shake down. I have to say that I had no major issues other than the leveling system, would not auto level but in manual mode leveled out easy enough. There were minor cosmetic issues with ceiling trim and small leak out of the shower door but other than that everything seemed to work. Slides worked just fine (was one of my worries) it did rain a bit when we were there and no leaks to report.
Hazerdous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:15 AM   #24

Nevada
We just bought a 2015 Voltage 3305. We spent about three months researching the different manufacturers and models. We also did some price research online and were able to get our local CW dealership down to 70k out the door. The dealership was a bit taken back during the acceptance inspection when I brought a creeper with me! I literally went over every inch top to bottom. I must say I am impressed with the attention to detail in the newer trailers. So far only minor issues that will be fixed under warrenty. It is a far cry from my 2005 Weekend Warrior that had outlets mounted 15 degrees from vertical and reverse polarity wiring (fried the tv and new xbox on the first trip with that one)!

Shawn
CampLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:08 AM   #25

Iowa
First time posting, we have been in our new voltage 3970 for 3 months now. This is our 6th rv, have to say im lovin it, even better than mcdonalds.
bdegasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #26

Texas
I liked my Voltage 3818 when I looked at it at the dealer but there is no room to store a lot of things for a full timer. I have turned the toy hauler into a second bedroom and living room, but the front half is lacking on adequate storage. I did opt for the extra large (18') toy hauler garage, but having to use a lot of it to store things that I don't have room for in the front.
Hucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #27

Colorado
Hucky, that's why my better half wouldn't even consider the 3818, so we got the 3800. All in all...I think it was good decision.

Just wish the half bath that sticks into the 14 ft garage had been an option...we need it like another hole in the head and that extra garage room would have been nice!

Guess my other complaint on the 3800 14 ft garage is that the door to the living area opens into the garage. The half bath door opens into the garage. so I can't use the front tie down rings until everything is loaded and we can leave those doors closed. Nothing big...but a bit of a PITA.

Pirate
Old 12-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #28

Texas
Pirate
I'm pleased with the 18' Garage in my trailer. It's bigger than everyone else's. There is a lot of room for toys. I like the access to it and I still have plenty of room even with the washer and dryer in it. If you haven't purchased a washer & dryer I could give you the info on mine. I'm very pleased with both units. I searched the internet for weeks before I settled on the ones that I bought. They are about as large as you can get for an RV.
Hucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #29

Colorado
Hucky,

Mama wants nothing to do with a washer dryer set...That would take up more of my garage!! I spent years working on the road, so I know how to find the laundries that we just drop off the stuff and pick it up clean, nicely folded or on hangers. That works for me!!

Besides, we're not out for that long. Retired, but really like being at home. I have my shop, the house and the little 94 acre lot it sits on...LOL!!!

Not even sure we're going to Arizona for a couple of weeks this Winter, just too much going on.

I'm changing out the black and grey water valves with Valterra electrics, moving the drain piping out from under the slide, fabricating a "basement" behind the garage side door to hold my UTV ramps and the ladder we use inside the trailer. Putting the big TV on a swing out mount...so I'll be making use of what we have for warm Winter days!!

Pirate
Old 12-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #30

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
fabricating a "basement" behind the garage side door to hold my UTV ramps and the ladder we use inside the trailer.
Pirate
And taking pictures as you do this right?

Great idea!
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #31

Colorado
Yes, I will be taking pics and posting them. Maybe even a Hero video or two.

Pirate