2014 V3895 Lippert 6 Point Leveling - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2018, 03:03 AM   #1

Oklahoma
2014 V3895 Lippert 6 Point Leveling

The solenoid will clock when I push any of the four buttons in the star but no action. Had to manually extend the jacks to unhook. Have tried the “push and hold all four buttons” and disconnect battery etc. Cannot find any resets or breakers tripped. Any ideas?

tarbabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:04 AM   #2

Wyoming
Sounds as if you’ve got the common bus-breaker issue. Many of us have had it. Follow these instructions, and you can save yourself about $150 on having a tech do it:

Open your generator compartment and find the breaker bank for your leveling system. On my rig, the breaker bank is located high on the left side of the rear bulkhead.

Attachment 4703

There are multiple breakers in the bank, but you're looking for the one with the heavy-gauge red wire from the hydraulic pump.

Attachment 4704

On mine, this wire is the one in the center that has a blue crimp connector on it.

Attachment 4705

They say these breakers are supposed to have reset buttons on them... but mine did not. Remove the nuts, and replace the breaker with a new 50-amp one that you can get from almost any auto parts store for about $3.00. Simple repair, just remember the gold post goes on the bus side, and the silver post goes to the wire.

Attachment 4706

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #3

Michigan
Hi
I had the same problem on my 2017 what I found the problem to be was the wiring on the inside of the electric motor came off of the study on the positive side so what I had to do was remove the two bolts on the top of the motor and take the cap off seeing that the wires were off the stud re-solder the wires to the stud and put back together make sure you turn off all the power including the battery when doing this . Hope this helps John
Toolmaker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #4

British Columbia
Hi Everyone
We recently purchased a Dutchmen 335TRL, which my wife & I are redoing. We came from Montana's before this & our long term plan is to install the 6point leveling on this rig, but for those of you who have experienced varied degrees of unusual behavior with the hydraulic 6pt, I have attached a series of files from the Heartland Group. I found these very helpful with our previous 6pt, You can find them on Lipperts site also but this grouping is convenient. For me the oil viscosity & going to a

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...veling/Lippert
Fulltilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #5

Virginia
Have any of you experienced the jacks stopping while retracting? Mine keeps stopping almost every inch it rises and I have to keep hitting the button until it starts again. I do hear a clicking each time I hit the button and nothing happens. Voltage is at 13.2 at the batteries, new converter last year and new batteries. This has been happening for awhile before and after new batteries and converter. Checked for loose connections, it seems to be getting worse.

Phil
2014 Voltage 3950 Epic III
2016 Ram 3500 Diesel 4wd, Long Horn Dually long bed
Moto4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #6

British Columbia
Ours did it all the time, below 40 degrees. I felt better knowing our pump motor could operate the system at a lower current draw with the existing breaker than going to 80 amps & keep the same fluid.
https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...mmendation.pdf
Old 04-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #7

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto4play View Post
Have any of you experienced the jacks stopping while retracting? Mine keeps stopping almost every inch it rises and I have to keep hitting the button until it starts again. I do hear a clicking each time I hit the button and nothing happens. Voltage is at 13.2 at the batteries, new converter last year and new batteries. This has been happening for awhile before and after new batteries and converter. Checked for loose connections, it seems to be getting worse.
Classic symptoms of the breaker going bad. Pretty soon it’ll get to the point the jacks won’t lower either. 99% chance it has nothing to do with your battery.

Check my post earlier in this thread. Replace the breaker, and I’ll bet your issue will go away.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:47 PM   #8

Tennessee
When my non auto leveling system fails, I recharge the battery on my Porter Cable cordless drill.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #9

Michigan
This x2. Your exact symptoms on mine were caused by an automatic resetting circuit breaker that had burnt on mine. Replaced with a quality breaker no issues for 5+ year now.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:25 PM   #10

British Columbia
Guys appreciate the advise, but I'm not the original poster, my problem was solved with fluid viscosity change, I kept the original 50 amp auto reset breaker in, & used it for almost 6 years like that when I sold the trailer. I used my leveling system almost everyday for 10 months as I traveled coast to coast twice & in snowy conditions at multiple times. That solved my problem.