2014 v3605 air conditioner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #1

Colorado
2014 v3605 air conditioner

Wanted to give a big shout out to everyone who expanded their knowledge on the a/c issues in these units. Finally got a chance to pull both a/c units and seal everything up "properly". I am amazed how much more air flow I'm getting through my vents. Can actually move a piece of paper on the counter now. Thank you again to everyone. If you have not does this in your unit I highly recommend it. Only took about an 1 1/2 for both units. And now just loving the cold air being shed on me.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #2

Michigan
On my unit the bed room works get but the main one doesn't push any cold air out !! But the one big thing I noticed was there was no water coming for this unit like the bedroom one ? Does this mean I there's a problem with this unit ? Any ideas what and where to check first? Thanks for any help

Toolmaker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #3

Colorado
ToolMaker, the bedroom a/c does not have multiple registers to exhuast out of. Only the one main dump and the ones on the sides and front. Your main a/c has ducting that goes to approx 3 or more vents. The problem alot of us are seeing is the manufacter did less than an adequate job of sealing the unit to force air to the vents. Once everything is sealed properly you are not losing air to the attic space. All air is now being forced through the vents and out into the coach. I would not suspect an issue just because you are not seeing condensation draining from your main unit. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in soon. Good luck.
P.S. there is a great write up with pictures on how to seal things up properly.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:40 PM   #4

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcntry13 View Post
ToolMaker, the bedroom a/c does not have multiple registers to exhuast out of. Only the one main dump and the ones on the sides and front. Your main a/c has ducting that goes to approx 3 or more vents. The problem alot of us are seeing is the manufacter did less than an adequate job of sealing the unit to force air to the vents. Once everything is sealed properly you are not losing air to the attic space. All air is now being forced through the vents and out into the coach. I would not suspect an issue just because you are not seeing condensation draining from your main unit. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in soon. Good luck.
P.S. there is a great write up with pictures on how to seal things up properly.
Thanks for the info I will look to find it
Toolmaker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #5

Oklahoma
On my Voltage, when the main salon A/C comes on there is a delay (40 seconds or so) and then you hear the fan first followed a few seconds later by a louder hum (the compressor kicking on). We have the Domestic 15k ducted unit. Make sure that you hear the hum of the compressor, and that will tell you if the roof unit is trying to work. I have heard that these are sealed units, and very few people actually recharge them, but most have to replace the whole roof unit. Here in Oklahoma, when the air is on, it drips water. If your front unit drips, but your main unit doesn't, there may be something worth investigating. Don't panic, as it could be something simple like a dirty condenser, or a loose fan not blowing like it should.
Hope this helps to troubleshoot your problem.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Normal refrigeration compressors are hermetically sealed in which they work under a vacuum.
They can be recharged by adding a Schraeder valve or similar device. That entails evacuating the system, soldering the valve into the low pressure side,evacuating again and adding the correct amount and type of refrigerant.
Cheaper than replacing an entire unit but this process is not user friendly and requires a professional with the proper tools. It can even be done on the roof, in place.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:07 PM   #7

California
Does anyone know the Model of the main Domestic A/C on our Voltage toy haulers? Mine is 2015 V3805 and I need to replace the air intake grate.

Thks!
RvrRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:35 AM   #8

Tennessee
If its like mine, it is a Dometic Brisk Air II

2012 EZ-GO 2FIVE LSV 2014 Gem E4 LSV
3wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote