2013 Voltage 3950 - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #21

Florida
That is correct.

2012 EZGO Custom Cart
hitman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:36 AM   #22

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman007 View Post
That is correct.
Thank you!

Mark

orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:17 AM   #23

California
You can follow the hose that connects a tank to the fuel pump. Then you'll know which one is for the fuel station (toys). The other must, by deductive reasoning, be the generator tank. Look under your rig. You'll see this quite clearly. Then you can label the filling areas if you want. I used an old school Dymo labeler to make labels for mine. But as I write this, I cannot remember which one is which. Have to look at the labels. But oh yea, the trailer is at the storage facility, so I can't go out and look right now.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #24
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
The forward one is for the toys and yes it is the one with the gas gauge. Unless something is changed they are not connected. The gauge for the generator is a light on the inside panel.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #25

California
An easy way to remember once you know is that the filler cap that's closest to the filling hose is the toy tank.

gonervn, what are the director of?
Old 12-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #26
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
The forum is divided into geographical chapters. One of which is the North Central Chapter, which I am the director of. I have tried a few times to make this a more active chapter by starting to have Rally's. I tried to have one last summer in Ludington Mi., but only two people signed up so it was cancelled. I then offered to have one in Goshen antry to arrange factory tours, but again I only had one response. I also spoke with some people who were willing to have seminars at the rally. However, with little to no interest it makes it difficult.

I was part of an Owners forum prior to purchasing our Voltage and it was spectacular. Rally's all over the country all the time. There was a sponsored factory tour every other year and we had 150+ units at that rally. They were always great times. I am going to post a message in January to see if anyone is interested one more time. The plan for Ludington last yearl was for a pot luck, going out for a dinner, having the fire department do a talk on fire safety and inspect fire extinguishers and a dealer was going to be present and bring a couple of models.

I also was able to speak with a Dutchmen employee who joined the forum and was monitoring it. The individual was able to help a couple of people with issues.

The forum is only as good as people want it to be, but without getting to know others it will just be for answers to questions and most likely complaints. It should be more than that. My opinion.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #27

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonervn View Post
The forum is divided into geographical chapters. One of which is the North Central Chapter, which I am the director of. I have tried a few times to make this a more active chapter by starting to have Rally's. I tried to have one last summer in Ludington Mi., but only two people signed up so it was cancelled. I then offered to have one in Goshen antry to arrange factory tours, but again I only had one response. I also spoke with some people who were willing to have seminars at the rally. However, with little to no interest it makes it difficult.

I was part of an Owners forum prior to purchasing our Voltage and it was spectacular. Rally's all over the country all the time. There was a sponsored factory tour every other year and we had 150+ units at that rally. They were always great times. I am going to post a message in January to see if anyone is interested one more time. The plan for Ludington last yearl was for a pot luck, going out for a dinner, having the fire department do a talk on fire safety and inspect fire extinguishers and a dealer was going to be present and bring a couple of models.

I also was able to speak with a Dutchmen employee who joined the forum and was monitoring it. The individual was able to help a couple of people with issues.

The forum is only as good as people want it to be, but without getting to know others it will just be for answers to questions and most likely complaints. It should be more than that. My opinion.
Bill & Sallie, I could not agree with you more!

Prior to owning our Dutchmen, we owned Sunline's, even though Sunline is out of business the Sunline Owner's Forum is still very active, and I have to admit, I am active over there as well as here.

Sunline "MEMBERS" host a number of Meet & Greets from Michigan to Virginia.....I actually organize one in the Adirondack Mountains (New York) every September and it is still growing! We had 15 members attend this year, and we are one of the smaller ones. I think that is because we "dry camp" at a State campground (Nick's Lake, Old Forge). We started back in 2007 with only 7 members and have continued to grow over the years.

Meeting the people behind the screen name is always fun......it would be great if Dutchmen members could join together and do something like that as well.......many memories to be made!

Nana Kathy
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #28

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman007 View Post
We just had our first shakedown trip in the new 2013 3950. !

To revive this thread…

We took delivery last week on our 2014 Voltage 3950. Because it was my youngest daughter's birthday, last weekend was shot as far as doing a shakedown run.

This weekend, we at least had a chance to fire her up in the driveway. I can't believe I can't find anything wrong with it. Everything seems to work correctly (haven't used the bathrooms yet or draining the black and gray tanks) but everything else seems to work perfectly.

The heat works phenomenally, the refrigerator works correctly and the leveling system works perfectly.

I can't believe I finally have a toy hauler that works like it's suppose to. I'm not naive to think that these 100K plus rolling mobile homes are going to work the way they should but I sure am happy so far.

Mark
Old 12-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #29

Arizona
Glad to hear all is working well for you. Mine had a couple of issues. But I have fixed most of the problems.
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #30

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlan in arizona View Post
Glad to hear all is working well for you. Mine had a couple of issues. But I have fixed most of the problems.
Yup, other than a piece of trim that we noted damaged when we picked it up, everything's perfect. (so far…lol)

Mark
Old 12-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #31

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
To revive this thread…

We took delivery last week on our 2014 Voltage 3950. Because it was my youngest daughter's birthday, last weekend was shot as far as doing a shakedown run.

This weekend, we at least had a chance to fire her up in the driveway. I can't believe I can't find anything wrong with it. Everything seems to work correctly (haven't used the bathrooms yet or draining the black and gray tanks) but everything else seems to work perfectly.

The heat works phenomenally, the refrigerator works correctly and the leveling system works perfectly.

I can't believe I finally have a toy hauler that works like it's suppose to. I'm not naive to think that these 100K plus rolling mobile homes are going to work the way they should but I sure am happy so far.

Mark
Hello Mark. I have a 2013 model 3950 and experienced pretty much the same thing you did. Everything worked and has continued to work after three trips. We've only dragged it about a thousand miles so far, but in that time, anything that would not function correctly should have identified itself by now.

There were a couple of loose hose clamps on the SanT flush system. Had to remove some panels to locate and tighten them. And one outdoor light doesn't work. Not too concerned about that one.

Otherwise, an excellent trailer. I've made many mods that make using the rig that much more fun, and have an extensive site if you're interested in viewing. myvoltagerv.com is the site.

We're going out again in a week, this time to the beach with full hookups. It'll be our first time ever using full hookups. I'll report back on how that worked out. But so far, dry camping has been amazing. The ability to take a shower, and to have to a second bathroom for the kid and guests is totally great.

Have fun with your new rig!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #32

North Carolina
Thanks! I'll let you know. Our last 5th wheel was almost identical to this one but way worse quality. I'm very happy with this one so far. We'll see what happens in the real world.

I did check out your page. Apparently do did Dutchman because our 2014 comes with the backsplash in the bathroom already. They must have liked what you did…lol.

I like the idea of a compressor but I have train horns on my dually so I have a fitting built onto the frame so I can use an impact gun or just put air in my tires.

Thanks for the tips…

Mark
Old 12-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #33

California
Mark, I got rid of that air compressor in the front storage bin and added a third battery. Put the compressor in the truck. I'd like to get an actual onboard system for the truck someday, but for now, this works. Thanks for stopping by.