1210 Norcold frig - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2016, 05:11 PM   #21

Texas
I have one of each.
Compressor type in the outdoor kitchen and the bi-fuel (elec-propane) in the indoor kitchen.

Admittedly I am on shore power. But both do an admiral job. I make my ice in the Norcold. I must have gotten a good one.

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:07 PM   #22

Oklahoma
Norcold 1210 frig

Here we go again. Been fighting a piece of CRAP Norcold 1210 frig off and on since my unit has been new. Replaced it once. Checked everything, the only thing left is it has to be saturated (MANUFACTURER DEFECT). Can't get on the Norcold web sight at all. Does anyone know if the company is still in business. Thanks Jim

Grdrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #23

Oklahoma
Norcold 1210 frig

Here we go again. Been fighting a piece of CRAP Norcold 1210 frig off and on since my unit has been new. Replaced it once. Checked everything, the only thing left is it has to be saturated (MANUFACTURER DEFECT). Can't get on the Norcold web sight at all. Does anyone know if the company is still in business. Thanks Jim
Old 05-25-2020, 12:23 PM   #24

Florida
It does seem like their website is kinda messed up... to put it lightly.

Have you looked here:

https://www.arprv.com/no-co-norcold.php

By the way, was your fridge one of the ones in the Norcold Recall?
franktafl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:36 PM   #25

Oklahoma
Norcold 1210 frig

I tried to get on the web sight to see if it had been but like you said it is messed up. I have already replaced it once and been fighting with it off and on since my voltage was new.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:20 AM   #26
RDJ

Washington
I replaced the cooling unit with a supposibly built amish unit with a 3 year warranty, works great, did it myself, got the unit from rv cooling unit warehouse, great folks to work with had questions during install and they answered the quickly https://www.rvcoolingunit.com/ Norcold would not help me out after spending $550.00 for repairs and 2 months later the cooling unit sprung a leak
Old 05-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #27

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
I replaced the cooling unit with a supposibly built amish unit with a 3 year warranty, works great, did it myself, got the unit from rv cooling unit warehouse, great folks to work with had questions during install and they answered the quickly https://www.rvcoolingunit.com/ Norcold would not help me out after spending $550.00 for repairs and 2 months later the cooling unit sprung a leak

This is a little strange..Now, from RV Cooling Unit Warehouse, the Norcold Brand-new Cooling Units. We are the only source in the USA that offers the cooling units that are built by the Amish Refrigeration Manufacturer.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:56 PM   #28

California
@OP, I have had many issues with my fridge but think it might be solved now. I started a thread describing the fix a few months back. In short two issues with mine and neither was the fault of Norcold. First, the cabinet they put the fridge in in the slide-out had too much space above the fridge and hot air would sit in there unable to vent. Second, there was foil tape rolled up and stuck in one of the fans preventing it from running. Both of these are Dutchmen’s fault. I had a mobile repair guy I found on Norcold’s web site come out to my rig and fix both. He claims that the manufacturer specs like 1/8 of an inch or maybe a little more of space above the fridge when installed in a slide out where they vent to the outside. Mine has several inches, like maybe 6 and he filled that with fireproof insulation. This forces the hot air to vent out the top vent instead of collecting above the fridge.

The foil tape was part of a sloppy install and was impacting the fan’s ability to move air. Both of these issues seem to have severely impacted cooling ability of the fridge. The frustrating thing was my normal procedure before a trip was to plug in empty overnight and then load in the morning before leaving with food already refrigerated. Never issues in the morning but as I camped my fridge would heat up fast everyday and then cool a little at night—but never recover.

The repair guy also told me to travel with the propane on and not worry because he says when loaded these fridges have a hard time recovering if they heat up.

So, pop off the upper vent and look above the fridge and see how much room you have. There should be very little because they should vent out the side.

Good luck.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:15 AM   #29
RDJ

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
This is a little strange..Now, from RV Cooling Unit Warehouse, the Norcold Brand-new Cooling Units. We are the only source in the USA that offers the cooling units that are built by the Amish Refrigeration Manufacturer.
Question, what is strange about it ?
Old 05-28-2020, 12:46 PM   #30

Oklahoma
Quote:
Question, what is strange about it ?

The part about them being the only source for the Amish cooling units built by the Amish Refrigeration Manufacturer. Hard to believe they are the only source since the Amish unit can be found on eBay and many other places.
The 'Amish' tag has been around for a long time in the cooling unit rebuilding and building world.

I haven't located the Amish Refrigeration Manufacturer proper as of yet. Must be out there somewhere.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:43 AM   #31
RDJ

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
The part about them being the only source for the Amish cooling units built by the Amish Refrigeration Manufacturer. Hard to believe they are the only source since the Amish unit can be found on eBay and many other places.
The 'Amish' tag has been around for a long time in the cooling unit rebuilding and building world.

I haven't located the Amish Refrigeration Manufacturer proper as of yet. Must be out there somewhere.
Ya I hear ya, I found out about this company through a friend and thought I would give them a try and yes am very pleased how it all turned out
Old 05-29-2020, 07:26 PM   #32

Florida
Quote:
Ya I hear ya, I found out about this company through a friend and thought I would give them a try and yes am very pleased how it all turned out
wish they would make an air conditioner!
franktafl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:26 PM   #33

Oklahoma
Just an update. My frig has not been cooling right for quite awhile. Recently my wife and I went to California to see our new Grand daughter. I decided to turn off the frig to see if maybe that would help. I have been researching fixes for it. I found one company in I think Kentucky that said that they are bad about getting saturated between the box and the cooling unit. When we returned I turn it back on and the next day it was cooing great. Maybe I have stumbled on to a frig fix. Time will tell.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #34

Arizona
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grdrod1 View Post
Hi, I have a 2015 3970 voltage with a 1210 Norcold frig. I notice in the last few weeks the frig was not cooling properly. Now the frig is not cooling at all. It seems to be working on 120 V power and propane but still not cooling. I have put my volt meter on the power connections and have power. Any suggestions
I want to start a new post but have forgotten how?
Yamaha YXZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:43 PM   #35

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grdrod1 View Post
Just an update. My frig has not been cooling right for quite awhile. Recently my wife and I went to California to see our new Grand daughter. I decided to turn off the frig to see if maybe that would help. I have been researching fixes for it. I found one company in I think Kentucky that said that they are bad about getting saturated between the box and the cooling unit. When we returned I turn it back on and the next day it was cooing great. Maybe I have stumbled on to a frig fix. Time will tell.

Saturated with what?
Old 06-29-2020, 10:00 AM   #36

Oklahoma
saturation

They say that moisture gets between the cooling unit and the box. I have checked everything I could find on the internet. I found this guy (Fords RV Training and Service) and watch several of his videos. He seem like he knows what he is talking about. Anyway as of right now the frig is still working pretty good.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:26 PM   #37

Oklahoma
That's an interesting thought, thanks.