Slide outs - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2018, 10:40 PM   #1

Florida
Slide outs

I have a 2011 Dutchman Infinity 3750 that has slide issues. The two front room slides go out but the one kitchen slide and the two bedroom slides do not. The fuses are good all ciruit breakers are working. Not sure what to check or do next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

fla dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:24 PM   #2

Florida
Also, how do we manually retract bedroom slide out to get clothes out of dresser drawers that are low to floor? Thanks

Old 08-22-2018, 12:40 AM   #3

Wyoming
Not trying to be a smart ass... but not nearly enough information, especially on a rig that old. Help us help you.

What kind of slide... cable driven, gear driven, etc.

Are you hearing anything from the motors when you activate the switch? Clicking, buzzing, anything at all, or just silence?

Does the slide try to move any at all, or nothing?
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #4

Florida
It makes a slight click sound when switch is activated but no movement at all. It has tracks on each corner of slide outs, top and bottom, so I'm guessing electric slide outs. Not sure how to proceed. Can't see any cables, rods etc, just the tracks on each corner, top and bottom, on slides. Thanks
Old 08-22-2018, 01:56 PM   #5

Florida
this is a video of a 2012 3750. It looks like it has two different slide types.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #6

Florida
here's more... This may give you some hints about where to look on your larger slides.

How to Align RV Slideout and Adjust Power Gear Slide Rail Timing

Old 08-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #7

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla dutchman View Post
It makes a slight click sound when switch is activated but no movement at all. It has tracks on each corner of slide outs, top and bottom, so I'm guessing electric slide outs. Not sure how to proceed. Can't see any cables, rods etc, just the tracks on each corner, top and bottom, on slides. Thanks

It may have Schwintek slide system but a photo would tell us more.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:02 PM   #8

Florida
Old 08-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #9

Florida
It does have schwintek slides. Update. When slide switch for large middle slide and bedrooms is pushed to go out, it makes the pump on large reservoir run. The reservoir had only about 1 inch of fluid in it. Filled to half full and pushed button but slide still does not go out. No error codes show on schwintek controller. Now that I have put atf fluid in reservoir do I need to bleed system? My guess is the large kitchen slide and bedroom slides are hydraulic as the pump runs when switch is pushed. Not sure what to do next. Thanks
Old 08-25-2018, 01:24 PM   #10

Florida
Found cause of slide not working. The hydraulic hose that operates the bedroom slide has come apart where it attaches to the cyclinder. Will have to have new hose made. What a pain as I am told you have remove the line and install new one. No repair for fitting that is pressed on hose that attaches to cyclinder. Any advise on best way to proceed, looks like you have to drop belly pan remove bad hose and install new hose. Thanks
Old 08-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #11

Florida
Quote:
Found cause of slide not working. The hydraulic hose that operates the bedroom slide has come apart where it attaches to the cyclinder. Will have to have new hose made. What a pain as I am told you have remove the line and install new one. No repair for fitting that is pressed on hose that attaches to cyclinder. Any advise on best way to proceed, looks like you have to drop belly pan remove bad hose and install new hose. Thanks
There is a way to add a new connector onto a hose if the hose is not damaged and you can spare a couple of inches. Look up a hydraulic shop in your area for a new connection. I worked on construction and farm equipment so I know they can be repaired.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #12

Oklahoma
I don't know about repairing that hose. If it's sourced by the manufacture it's probably the cheapest they could find.
If going through the trouble of dropping the cover and taking the broken one off my money would be to have a new, and better, hose built. Might even do all of them while I was under there.

They aren't the easiest to get to so why take the chance and have to do it again?
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #13

Florida
I agree, if it's possible to get at them now that you have them exposed, go for it.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #14

Florida
Dropped belly pan and ran a new hose from front to back. 36ft. $145 at Napa auto. A real time consuming job.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #15

Texas
Quote:
Dropped belly pan and ran a new hose from front to back. 36ft. $145 at Napa auto. A real time consuming job.
And better you than them. Now you can continue to use it and not have it sit at the shop. Congrats

CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote