Sealing up openings - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #1

Florida
Sealing up openings

We've had our new Denali just four weeks... yea! Love it! Of course there are mods that are coming such as opening panels to capture dead space. One item that is huge to my DH is to seal up all of the utility openings that are not sealed by the factory. We're hoping the dealer with take care of these when we take the rig in for warranty work. One area though that will be difficult is the area where the power and water plugs in to. Here in FL rodents and roaches spread quickly so we want to be proactive. We would love to hear what others have done to remedy the problem.

2015 Dodge 3500 DW Mega Cab
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #2

Saskatchewan
I hate those mices to pieces!

Living on the edge of Regina surrounded by wheat fields you know once the cold weather hits the mice are moving indoors. I spread bay leaves, dryer sheets, strong hand soap like Irish Spring around inside my trailer and garage and back that up with some good old spring traps baited with peanut butter. Gets them every time. I've parked a trailer here for over thirty years and have never had a mouse. From what I've read is that you have to cover the smell of their urine and feces to keep them away. Can't help you with the bugs as our Canadian winters handles them here.

"We were not placed on this earth to see through one another, but rather to see one another through!"

2012 Kodiak 242RESL, 2010 Chevy 1500 LTZ

kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #3

Quebec
We have done many of the same things as mentioned above on our 3640RL. An additional step we have taken is to use expanding foam (like Great Stuff) to fill any openings that were visible under the trailer or where pipes and wires pass through to the basement area or from the basement to the living quarters. Good luck!
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote