Over air vs. Cable - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #1

Colorado
Over air vs. Cable

So we finally took delivery of our new Infinity 3640RL and decided to take it for a short break-in trip. Thus far we have found that everything seems to work as intended.

The one thing that I have not figured out is how to get cable to work. Over the air is great. I have the cable up and it is a new cable. The campground owver assures me that the hookup on the post works and since everything else seems very well maintained I have no reason to doubt that. I can switch the TV over to cable input and it does its channel scan and finds nothing. There should be 25 channels available.

I'm pretty sure I am doing something wrong but for the life of me I don't know what.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #2

look for the Wingard TV amp. It should be located in the entertainment center. It looks like a wall plate with a cigarette lighter hole in it. It will also have a small black button and a small led light on the cover plate. When you want to watch cable push the small black button on the wall plate. The LED light will extinguish and cable will pass through the TV amp. Use the Amp only when watching over the air TV. Now scan for channels with the light out and the tv(s) in the cable mode.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #3

Colorado
Thanks Tanman. I tried that and no joy. I tried with the TV looking for both analog and digital channels (they should have been digital) and ..... nothing. I hate to, but I guess I will call CW tomorrow to see what they tell me.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #4

When I got my Voltage I could barely get cable to the main tv. I could see snow on the others with a faint picture. CW said it had a bad cable connector and the one they put on was as shoddy connection as the factory. I cut ALL the cable connectors off. I replaced them with quality compression cable connectors, changed out the splitters and had beautiful TV throughout. Even the SAt passed through to all 4 TV's/ I would bet that is your problem.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #5

Colorado
I will have to check that out. The connections would be easy IF I can find them all. The water, cable, etc. are inside the left side basement door. I will have to figure out how to get into that panel to trace the cables. We only have 1 TV but the bedroom is prewired so there must be a splitter somewhere.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #6

Quebec
On my Infinity 3640RL (2012) the antenna amp and the switch for cable or antenna is located in the bedroom in the little cabinet to the left of the bedroom TV.
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #7

Quebec
Sorry ... to the RIGHT of the bedroom TV.
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #8

Colorado
Thanks, same place on ours. I need to do as Tanman suggested check out some of the connectors. If it would quit raining (mind you after 2 major forest fires in 2 years I am not complaining) I will get out there and pull some panels to see what I can see.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #9

if they are crimped connectors as I feel they are.. cut and toss. find a cable guy if you dont have the resources and give him a few bucks to change out the connectors and your splitter. You will be golden for tv.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #10

Colorado
My son is a journeyman electrician and his company also does low voltage and control work so tools is not the issue.

I was just out there taking a peek at things. Looks like I am going to have to remove 2 panels in the basement to get to things. If the weather is nice tomorrow I will tackle that for a better look.