New Komfort fifth wheel - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 AM   #21

Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonervn View Post
I had a couple of small issues that the dealer did not address. I contacted Joni Busz also and everything was taken care of. Joni was great. I worked everything through email and it did a few days till the initial contact, but after that went very quick.
Joni has come thru for me a couple of times too. Yes, she is very nice to work with!

2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #22

Michigan
Not liking what I have read or seen thus far regarding the workmanship and quality control that is going into the Infinity brand.

I am thinking that I may have to look at another brand or keep my Big Horn and forget about the Infinity all together. I have only visited a few threads and thus far Infinity brand is batting .000!! Not very good for an 80K plus unit. I worked hard for my money and I will not waste it.

Any idea if the upper management monitors these threads???

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #23

Indiana
Rick & Debbie,

Thor has a press release out that they have moved their Corporate offices to Elkhart, Indiana.

We don't know whether its due to better monitoring of their brands or less money in property taxes.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #24

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post
Rick & Debbie,

Thor has a press release out that they have moved their Corporate offices to Elkhart, Indiana.

We don't know whether its due to better monitoring of their brands or less money in property taxes.
Hopefully it is to do a better monitoring of their brands. And that schwintech slide system sounds pretty funky to me. That and the air conditioning feed into the front living room. Then there is the problem with the "staples" pulling out or poking through the roof membrane and the spongy floors, leaks etc., etc.,... I dont want to have a rig that is in the repair shop 6 months out of the year.

Do you think that anyone from Dutchmen/infinity brand management monitors this forum? Only time will tell. I am waiting for them to respond to one of my posts, let us see if they really are concerned about their product and brand. I wonder if someone from THOR monitors this also? I sure hope so. There are lots of us baby boomers out here that are retired and want to get a decent rig and enjoy ourselves. I think you can relate to that.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #25
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
I really don't know. You would think they would if they want to improve on their product lines or just to see what is going on in the community. For me I have been very pleased with our Voltage. We have had great service and good service from Dutchmen when I have called.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #26

New Mexico
Not happy with the telephone assistance and lack of support in that department. When I have asked for a particular item or question its like pulling teeth and being referred to camping world for the answer which is BS. They should be able to take care of simple question such as 'what did my trailer come with' or 'why is it missing XXX?" Heck, the scare light clear cover blew off and they told be to contact lippert or CW to order the part as they didn't know what it was and wouldn't cover it under warranty. BS! thank goodness this unit hasn't been that much of a headache.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #27

Texas
I can relate to the scare light as my 3650 Komfort scare light was full of water when I took ownership, I pulled it off resealed it correctly and just two weeks ago had to do the same to the other scare light. Now the fwd L/H living room slide is leaking again when fully closed during a rain storm last week. Its been to Camping World for this same problem Oct last year. They resealed the seals and adjusted the slide so it closes closer at the top than the bottom, now the slide is very slow opening and closing. Last trip to CW March 2013 they said the rollers needed lube so they lubed them. I can't tell any difference in the opening and closing of this slide since the lube job
aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #28

Michigan
Ah! Scare Light! Never thought to call it that. Call ours the !@%*!% light that works all the time. It has a short in the wiring that keeps it on all the time and the red backlite in the switch stays on all the time. Fixed at the dealer twice and still stays on. First time I noticed it I borrowed a step ladder and popped the lens and the reflector and socket fell out in my hands. ( It has a couple of plastic pins that stick thru the reflector plate and were suppose to have been melted over with a heating device. Not Dutchmen's fault, It lie's with who ever manufactured the light for Dutchmen).

It currently is not going to "SCARE" anyone as the bulb is removed and I've pulled the switch panel and pulled the wires off the switch to put both light out, AGAIN!

And the list goes on and on!!!
Two Harleys
Aronious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #29

Michigan
[SIZE="5"]I am still waiting for someone from the head to reply to my question asked a couple of days ago. So I will try it again to see if anyone from management is listening to concerns. I really dont want to pluck down tens of thousands of hard earned dollars and then have a 5th wheel that I am not happy with and cant get fixed. So here goes: Is anyone from upper management, QC sales or warrenty department paying any attention to problems folks are having with their rigs.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #30
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
I have emailed all of the Dutchmen contacts that I have asking them your question.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #31

Alabama
If you ever get a chance to remove the wall in the storage compartment near the water heater, you may find that the only thing supporting the rear of the water heater are the water lines. At least that's what I found on my 3130FRL. There was a 2 inch sag with the tank empty. Imagine the sag with 83 pounds of water and bouncing down the road.

I built a small platform to insert under the rear of the heater to level it out and support the weight of a full water heater.

At one time years ago, Dutchmen had a superb reputation as a quality maker of RV's. No so any more. I really doubt if Dutchmen monitors this forum as it's getting too large to digest all the info.
Livin the Life
OldOneTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #32

Alabama
While I was in there I also pulled the wall for the water pump and furnace. It seems they hook all the furnace ducting to the furnace before sliding it into place. So you have very long runs that kink and shut off. So I shortened all the ducting and strapped so they no longer kink.
Livin the Life
Old 06-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #33
Rob

Utah
Stand behind your work

I wish I could say the same thing. I purchased my trailer new in 2011 and 13 months later it was fading. Had an additional warranty that covered that so no worries but upon completing the work I was notified that there were pin holes in the gelcoat that is not covered under warranty. These pin holes are the cause for the fading. Contacted Dutchmen who informed me that my fiberglass guy should stand behind his work. I told them that he wasnt going to repair something without getting paid for it and that they should stand behind their work. They responded that they have never seen a problem like this and that they will not do anything to fix this problem. So much for standing behind your work!
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #34

North Carolina
2013 komfort 3650ffl

We just bought this unit and love it, except for the couches in the living room slides. There are 2 that custom fit the slides. The problem is the look great but are the most uncomfortable couches i have ever set on. I have no problem replacing them but they are custom fitted with no carpet under them, and there is a small step under them also. My question is how to replace.
sherri1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:08 AM   #35

Alabama
The love seat/sofa usually are screwed in at the front edge of the feet. I had to raise mine to be able to slide some "L" shaped tables under the front edge. You might remove the couches, put sized rugs and put in Lazyboy recliners.

If you read some of my entries you will see about 25% of the problems I have fixed with my 3130. Dutchman is not putting out a quality product.
Livin the Life
Old 09-08-2017, 09:43 PM   #36

Alabama
Update on my Komfort 3130FRL

Since last being on here. I have done a lot of travelling and modification of the Komfort. Prior to an 8500 mile 9 week trip to Seattle via Michigan UP and back through the southwest, I had dueled up the batteries, installed an EHB disc brake system on the 5th. It took me a week and a half and I had to custom pipe it. A new experience for me. This alone prevented two accidents that the magnetic brakes would not have protected us. People just love to cut in front of towed campers and jam on brakes. In Arizona I had a blowout left rear that wiped all the wiring on the street side Kitchen slide. The cheap Chinese tires were coming apart and I bought 4 new Good Years. I managed to rig it up until I got home. I managed to salvage the metal work and I rewired the whole slide with new cable supports on stainless steel hinges set farther back on the slide. I replaced the converter with a better brand, also the water pump and rerouted the hot water lines so that there is a direct feed to the bathroom instead of going to the other side of the 5th and back. Now I get hot water in the shower in seconds and not minutes. I replaced all the blinds (they blocked the emergency exits they way they were set up) with pleated shades. Got rid of the cheap leather seating and put in two lazy boy recliners and a sleeper sofa. I removed the table and chairs and put in a glass door cabinet. I reworked the support for the fresh water tank as the two straps that supported it allowed permanent bulging of the tank holding water you could not empty. I put in 6 1/2 inch angle iron bars to support the tank (no bulges now). In the front storage compartment I sanded the rusty floor used rust converter and used 2 coats of undercoating. No more rust and things do not slide around any more. I installed a closable vent in the bathroom, so you don't freeze after taking a shower. I replaced all trailer outside lighting with led. When I put on the brakes everyone behind you knows it. I replaced all the drawer catches with Marine drawer spring and ball catches. They are made of brass and don't break and tension is adjustable. The next step is replacing all the inside lights with led. Just about done with tweaking.
Livin the Life
Old 09-08-2017, 11:10 PM   #37

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOneTwo View Post
Since last being on here. I have done a lot of travelling and modification of the Komfort. Prior to an 8500 mile 9 week trip to Seattle via Michigan UP and back through the southwest, I had dueled up the batteries, installed an EHB disc brake system on the 5th. It took me a week and a half and I had to custom pipe it. A new experience for me. This alone prevented two accidents that the magnetic brakes would not have protected us. People just love to cut in front of towed campers and jam on brakes. In Arizona I had a blowout left rear that wiped all the wiring on the street side Kitchen slide. The cheap Chinese tires were coming apart and I bought 4 new Good Years. I managed to rig it up until I got home. I managed to salvage the metal work and I rewired the whole slide with new cable supports on stainless steel hinges set farther back on the slide. I replaced the converter with a better brand, also the water pump and rerouted the hot water lines so that there is a direct feed to the bathroom instead of going to the other side of the 5th and back. Now I get hot water in the shower in seconds and not minutes. I replaced all the blinds (they blocked the emergency exits they way they were set up) with pleated shades. Got rid of the cheap leather seating and put in two lazy boy recliners and a sleeper sofa. I removed the table and chairs and put in a glass door cabinet. I reworked the support for the fresh water tank as the two straps that supported it allowed permanent bulging of the tank holding water you could not empty. I put in 6 1/2 inch angle iron bars to support the tank (no bulges now). In the front storage compartment I sanded the rusty floor used rust converter and used 2 coats of undercoating. No more rust and things do not slide around any more. I installed a closable vent in the bathroom, so you don't freeze after taking a shower. I replaced all trailer outside lighting with led. When I put on the brakes everyone behind you knows it. I replaced all the drawer catches with Marine drawer spring and ball catches. They are made of brass and don't break and tension is adjustable. The next step is replacing all the inside lights with led. Just about done with tweaking.
WOW, I'm tired just reading that...

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote