Komfort 2012 - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #21

British Columbia
Re: Komfort 2012

Aapcon131...thanks for the update. Given what happened to your kitchen cabinets I will be checking ours every time I fuel up...which is quite frequent with my small fuel tank and not great fuel milage. Good idea about child proof locks as well.
Coops

Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #22

Texas

I noticed upon our return from our three week trip one of the drawers in the bedroom cabinet slide had come loose from its support. I pulled the drawer out only to find a single screw had backed out of the guide allowing the drawer to fall.I pulled all the drawers(6) from the slide cabinet and found all of them had only one screw in the rear of the support guide and some where halfway out. I tightened all the screws and put another one in the top of each guide bracket. Was Dutchman short of screws when they put this unit together? Quality control? Also the TV was fuzzy in the bedroom and guess what the coax was not tight behind the cabinet wall in the slide.

aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #23
Community Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapcon131
I pulled all the drawers(6) from the slide cabinet and found all of them had only one screw in the rear of the support guide and some where halfway out. I tightened all the screws and put another one in the top of each guide bracket. Was Dutchman short of screws when they put this unit together? Quality control? Also the TV was fuzzy in the bedroom and guess what the coax was not tight behind the cabinet wall in the slide.
I've heard the workers have a quota per shift. They will cut corners to make that quota. It's ashame what they charge for these products.
eRVm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #24

Saskatchewan

I had to do the same with the drawers in our KZ Frontier too. Maybe all the workers belong to the same union?
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #25

Texas

News Flash, My Komfort 3750 has been sitting on its pad at home for about three weeks. I have noticed that the entry door comes open on its own. I have shut it, slammed it, locked it and it still comes open during the day. I am thinking it has to do with temp changes and the trailer flexing and the door latch not latching completely. I will check it today and report. Anyone else seen this happen?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #26
Community Founder

Are the stabilizers down? If not, extend them and level the trailer(front-to-back and side-to-side). See what happens.
eRVm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #27

Texas

Yes stabilizer jacks are down and the unit is auto leveled but the door still comes open. I checked it and there is a mfg flaw in the installation of the latch receiver, it was mounted too far in on the door sill so as not allowing the latch to completely engage in its receiver. There are two sets of holes behind it, which means someone made a mistake when putting it on the first time.I will file it down and see if that works.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #28

Texas

Door update, after adjusting the door latch receiver plate and a little file work its been a week and the door has not come unlatched. It actually closes and latches better than when new. LOL
Old 09-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #29

Texas

Just returned from a 4 day trip and the unit developed a squeek in the bedroom floor. after looking for the problem I found two screws had been angled thru the floor to hold the rear wall of the unit together. both screws had worked loose, after tightning them the squeek went away, seems someone found this problem before the unit was sold and did a temp fix to the problem. I am going to research this issue further and address it with Dutchman.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #30

Hi all, I also purchased a 3750 ffl, this year and I am happy so far with the unit. I do feel I need a second AC unit tho and from reading here I see most folks have a second AC unit on there trailer. I am heading back out of town on another job and will finsh my "camping" season mid November. Ill let you know how it holds up in the - temptures. So far the only things that I have noticed that I need to take it back is the one manual slide crank is disconnected and needs to be re attached and the door clasp has poped off again
Fuzzybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #31

Texas

After five trips with my Komfort its going back to Camping World for warranty work. I have three slides that leak when closed going down the hiway during a rain storm, an entry door that comes open while traveling, even with the dead bolt secured, one tire that is wearing on outer edge, the rear wall of the trailer coming loose from the floor(note squeek in above message) and now a new squeek in the kitchen area. will let you know the fixes
Old 10-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #32

Texas

News Flash, found that the door opening problem was caused by a bowed door frame( from the factory) no less, thats why it kept coming open during transit and was hard th close and latch, new door on order.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #33

Texas
Got my unit back from Camping World last Thursday Nov 1, entrance door fixed, not changed, slides adjusted, leaks fixed according to repair ticket,(hasn't rained yet) floor still squeeks, now we have overhead lights that don't work. The rear wall squeek all they did was put more screws thru the floor into the outer wall. Sad, I have decided that unless the unit is falling apart I will fix all problems encountered. As per Camping World from Dutchman Rep the rear tire wear was within their tolerance on the axles, strange only one tire is wearing out on the outside edge, the rest are wearing normal. Took unit to San Marcos for trip this weekend still have a few issues which I will address and fix upon return to home.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #34

British Columbia
We had a tire on our aerolite that was wearing on the outside and the tread was feathered to the inside. I thought it was a bent axle, turned out the axle was within spec but the tire was egg shaped and causing the tire wear. The tire was replaced under warranty and we've had no further problems in the last 5000 km's

Cheers
Daryl B.
grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #35

Texas
Had a very enjoyable trip to San Marcos, stayed at Pecan Park RV park, weather was great, Guadaloupe river temps were cool but not too cold. Only issues encountered with the fifth wheel was three of the four overhead lights in the kitchen were burned out, replaced bulbs, and the front slide which was leaking and adjusted by Camping World now drags hard on the carpet floor and causes the slide to bind. I think it is time to do my own work and forget these repair centers.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #36

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by aapcon131 View Post
Had a very enjoyable trip to San Marcos, stayed at Pecan Park RV park, weather was great, Guadaloupe river temps were cool but not too cold. Only issues encountered with the fifth wheel was three of the four overhead lights in the kitchen were burned out, replaced bulbs, and the front slide which was leaking and adjusted by Camping World now drags hard on the carpet floor and causes the slide to bind. I think it is time to do my own work and forget these repair centers.
I think that is what most of the dealers and manufacturers are looking for us to do!!!!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #37

Texas
Well I fixed the dragging couch slide problem, I took the couch out, put glides under the edge which raised it up off the floor and so far it works great. will test this weekend on a three day trip.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #38

Texas
Returned from a three day jaunt to Lousiana and noticed that the couch does not drag the carpet any more but the slide struggles to open and close, I think the tech who adjusted it for the leaking seals has it adjusted wrong. I guess It means another trip to Camping World.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #39

Texas
Well I just un wrapped our Komfort and de winterized it. Boy does it take awhile to purge the air out of the water heater. I upgraded the kitchen sink faucets from plastic to a delta goose neck, and the bath vanity from plastic to a cultured marble top and oil rubbed bronze faucet, I changed all door handles to oil rubbed bronze, and built a wine cabinet for the boss with glass doors. I also changed out the pin box to a Trail-air pin box. We are planning a trip this weekend to check out the unit before the warranty expires. will keep all posted.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #40

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by aapcon131 View Post
Well I just un wrapped our Komfort and de winterized it. Boy does it take awhile to purge the air out of the water heater. I upgraded the kitchen sink faucets from plastic to a delta goose neck, and the bath vanity from plastic to a cultured marble top and oil rubbed bronze faucet, I changed all door handles to oil rubbed bronze, and built a wine cabinet for the boss with glass doors. I also changed out the pin box to a Trail-air pin box. We are planning a trip this weekend to check out the unit before the warranty expires. will keep all posted.
The wine cabinet is a must see. I'd like to get my husband right on it!

Tags
komfort, komfort 3650