Initial shakedown and impressions 3750FL - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #21

Texas
Make sure you lube the seals with silicone spray or aerospace 360 and they will not stick to the slides

aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #22

New Mexico
thanks,

latest issue is the hot water LP not working. it did work for the last week now the light comes on for the panel switch, fault light does not light (like it used to during lighting sequence) and it does not fire up in the hot water tank. the stovve and furnace works fine and the LP used to work fine and now only the electrical side does.

72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #23

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronious View Post
Bedroom is 13.5k BTU & 150dba, at least that's what it sounds like to me when it kicks on in the middle of the night.

Our slides pop and snap like they are busting the teeth off! Causes me to grit mine every time their run in or out!
Have you located the problem with your slides popping and snapping or otherwise had it fixed. Sounds serious.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #24

Michigan
GOLDENYEARS - No, they still make the noises. All three sound the same so it is probably just the nature of that type slide mechanism. We had screw slides on the Travel Supreme so maybe these are just louder. I must be getting use to the sound as they don't seem as loud anymore or maybe they are just wearing in. As long as their sealing tight when they close or open I'll just turn the radio up real loud while their operating!
Two Harleys
Aronious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #25

Michigan
Problems with bedroom slides

Hi
We have an infinity 2012 3750 FL and we had our bedroom slides self destruct. We had insurance to cover the problem, however, it's still cost us 1200 dollars to get it fixed. The insurance company paid 4100 dollars. General RV made the repair and they said they had to make the parts for the slides because they could not get them from Dutchmen. Love the trailer other then the slide problem, hopefully will not see any other issues.

Papa
Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #26

New Mexico
How did they "self destruct'? My bedroom slides have become a disaster as the closet side does not seal so there is an inch or so gap along the top and it dug into the floor so much so that the carpet under the trim was ripped out.

I had another lovely day with the craptastic lippert documentation. After the last fiasco where the supplied docs stunk and I had zero support, this time I followed the new found instructions and it still didn't work until I turned the motor for retraction clockwise and finally realized the final valve for the six point leveling gear system was actually on the leg of the front landing gear and not on the manifold. Pure garbage and lippert is nothing but trash to put a consumer through this and refusing to dispatch a ,mobile service to fix the landing gear AFTER a service bulletin was released by them for this very problem! Its time to sue.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #27

Michigan
Hi
We were at a campground and we were leaving. I backed under the trailer and hooked up, at that time we hit auto retract all the jacks came up. My wife was taking in the slides and I was outside watching. The bedroom slides started in and got about 6 inches from closing and then the tops of both slides pulled away from the top and fell out about 14 inches. General R V who made the repair said that it bent up all the brackets underneath. Could not tell why?

Papa
Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #28

Oklahoma
It's better to extend/retract the slides while the unit is level. I'm sure the frames of these things get tweeked out of shape during the jack retraction so that might have contributed to your slide brackets.

US Customs wanted me to extend my slides so they could have access to the inside. I told them I would be happy to do that if they gave me a place where I could be level to prevent damaging my rig. I told them if I had to extend the slides where were presently were that we all would be there for a long time waiting for the service guy to come and fix the problem. They looked at the long line of vehicles behind me and simply told me to have a safe trip.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote