High End Dutchman 5th Wheel. - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #41

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Who came up with this 'high end' Dutchman classification?

High end repairs maybe but certainly not high end in craftsmanship.
I think you nailed it there. Honestly, my 2013 Infinity is embarrassing and has been in the shop now for over 5 months for warranty work. What a piece... And luckily, Mr Clark the customer service manager has let me know Dutchmen feels there is nothing wrong with that. I can promise you. I will never have anything Dutchmen behind my King Ranch again.

Hawkeye0282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #42

Washington
See my earlier reply.....and Ditto your sentiment. Class action anyone?

Old 10-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #43

California
I'm not a high end Dutchmen owner but our 2013 Denali 5er was a major purchase for our pocket book and I've felt pretty broken hearted about all of the problems we have encountered. Every time we take it out I hold my breath, wondering what is going to be next and that's not an exaggeration; I literally pray that nothing more will come undone,fall apart,etc. We have even talked about taking a big loss and starting over.
I came to this particular thread because someone (can't remember who) had asked if anyone was having problems with fading on the front,back cap. I wanted to offer some input on that because we were also having that problem. Fortunately Dutchmen has come through and is paying to have the front cap repainted. They have had so many repaints that they had to admit there was a flaw in the paint,they had no choice.
Not counting the repaint,we have had almost 30 items that have needed to be either repaired or replaced and most of them came from pure negligence. I was so upset that I started sending pictures and e-mails to Dutchmen to let them see,and hear,what we thought about their shoddy work and quality control. That was over a year ago and I have never heard back.
What I'm seeing now,after reading other posts, is that ours is not an isolated case and that is why I decided to "talk" about this more extensively.
I honestly fall asleep some nights composing a letter to Thor Industries,but what good would it do? Caveat emptor. Boy is that ever the truth!
Suzette.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #44

Michigan
yes we have a 3855FL rear bedroom air is poor and living room was never ducted for air had to have tn\hem fix it
J.Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:23 AM   #45

Montana
My wife and I bought a 2014 Denali 280lbs this summer. It's a holdover from last year. New...but a year old. We have only used it a couple of times and have no major complaints yet. We traded in a 2013 Shadow Cruiser travel trailer that we had bought new. I'm here to tell you, if you think the quality of Dutchmen trailers is poor.....go buy a Shadow Cruiser from Cruiser RV. Cheapest built POS I've ever seen. Not only crappy components, but poor craftsmanship. We really liked our Cruiser...floor plan was perfect for us, plenty of room. When we bought it we figured we would have it a long time. Didn't even get to use it before we had to take it back for warranty work. Then every time we used it after that something else quit working. Then we started hearing about similar models with bent axles because the factory chose too light of an axle for the size trailer they were putting on them. Then we started hearing about slide out mechanisms failing......then ours died on me. Come to find out it was because a wire fell off the controller. When they built ours none of the wiring connectors got crimped so all of them would have fallen apart eventually. The bathroom door would only latch when the slide was out because the thing flexed so much.
Our dealer stopped carrying the Cruiser brand because more of them came back with major problems than didn't.

We're happy as heck with out Denali so far....just walking across the floor or opening and closing doors you can feel the difference in build quality. The Denali is way more solid feeling.
I hope we don't have any of the problems that you folks are talking about, but so far this thing blows our Shadow Cruiser out of the water in the quality department.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:27 AM   #46

British Columbia
Highend Dutchmen, that's the definition of an oxymoron, isn't it?

I learned from an RV salesman that Dutchmen is great for putting all the glitz and glamor in. But a well built unit? NO!

I just figure the he was trying to up sell us. I wish I had listened.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #47

Alberta
J&H: I hear ya. I also had a 2012 Shadow cruiser that I bought new.
After only 2 seasons we had enough. Took a bath on it to get rid of it and get the Kodiak. The Shadow cruiser is the worst unit we ever owned.
We had one of the units with the bad axles and that was not even the worst thing about it. In the 700 days we owned it the shop had it for almost 500 of those days.

1958 Mooney M20A
russ is offline   Reply With Quote