grand junction landing gear issue - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2016, 02:13 AM   #1

Utah
grand junction landing gear issue

I have a 2005 grand junction 31 tg and one of the front jacks wont move up and down, the electric motor is working but the part it connects to is very sloppy and wont turn any of the gears in the landing gear. Its up on the mountain and I was wanting to locate the part and buy it and go back up and replace it, but for the life of me I cant find which brand it is. I thought it would be OEM? I believe its the gear box? or the plastic shaft? Any help where to start or how to find a place to order the part would be appreciated.

mflood3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:01 AM   #2

Florida
My 2010 Denali fiver would have my landing gear mess up about every third time I would take it out. Go to unhook and one side or the other would not work.
If your motor and one side moves, chances are your problem is the roll pin (some call them spring pins) under the pinion gear that is driven by the motor's gear on the vertical worm gear.
It is possible to pull and disassemble the bad side while still hooked up to your truck if you are skinny and flexible enough to squeeze into front compartment with truck in the way (on a 5'er anyway, TT should be much easier). I got to the point where I could do the repair under an hour.
I finnally figured out the root cause of my problem was the washboard dirt road I live on would cause the landing gear to bounce up and down beating up the roll pin. Once I figured that out, I would put a cargo strap on each foot to take the weight off the leg. Never had another issue after that.
You can buy the roll pins at any hardware store.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote