Dutchmen Infinity Quality - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #41

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
Let me preface this with an opinion - people are not coming to forums to do handsprings and shout out how wonderful their trailer/truck/car is. No, they are coming to crab. I think think the crabby folks are in the minority but they seem to have the majority of the "in your face" type of coverage.

With that said, let me say that I undestand when folks have complaints and I do agree that when there are more than 2 or 3 with the same issues, there is likely fire where there is smoke.

I say that SO FAR we have had NO problems with our Infinity. Well, maybe a minor issue or two that was easily fixed without getting riled up about warranty issues.

The problem with forums like these are that the disgruntled have much louder voices than the satisfied, which tips the scales in a direction it should perhaps not go. So the few here, that have had problems, and I will not deny that problems do exist, seem to outweight the 10x or 20x of us that have no problems.

The summary of this post, is make your post personal, state YOUR problems, but, please do not make it as though an entire class of trailers is bad.
To you and ALL Infinity owners that are not experiencing issues..........I will apologize for grouping the class of Infinity owners. My mistake .

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #42

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post
To you and ALL Infinity owners that are not experiencing issues..........I will apologize for grouping the class of Infinity owners. My mistake .
I don't think you owe anyone an apology, you (and others) are having problems. I get that and I really do sympathize.

I was just saying that I think forums (and certainly not just this one) sometimes cast too wide a net. It was my opinion and my two cents and I was not trying to address it to any one person.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #43

Colorado
Just over a year & 3 warranty visits to the dealer, most of the bugs are worked out of the unit (knock on wood!). I've been kicking myself for picking this unit over 2 Jayco Pinnacles that we were looking at the same time as this one. I've consigned myself to sticking with this rig so until the extended warranty runs out in 6 years, I won't be shopping around.
txdutt0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:10 PM   #44

Texas
infinity rv

i will never buy a rv that thor name is on i have had 3 king of the road grand juncton and a new 2012 infinity front kitchen i have spent around 8000 dolldrs on it slide leaks window leaks water lines fluding basement tires the fridge quet three times front cap crack on top it was patched at factory no qualiey at all trim folling off drawera falling apart dutchman is no help the dealer no help dutchman call dealer dealer call dutchman fun time rv do not buy from dutchman or fun time or thor they do not stan behind ther rv
phillip branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #45

Colorado
Sorry Phillip, I can't make out what you are trying to say.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #46

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Sorry Phillip, I can't make out what you are trying to say.

Pirate
He said, I will never buy an RV that has the Thor name on it. I've had three King of the Road Grand Junctions and a new 2012 Infinity with the front kitchen.

I've spent nearly $8000 on it for slide and window leaks, water flooding the basement, tires, refrigerator died three times, cracked front cap that was poorly repaired at the factory, trim falling off and drawers falling apart.

Dutchman has been no help nor has the dealer, manufacturer says to call the dealer and the dealer says to call the manufacturer. Overall, Fun Time RV and Thor won't stand behind their products so don't purchase from them.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:00 PM   #47

Colorado
Looked at a new $150,000 house lately? Same issues...

Some is just cheap components and some is poor workmanship.

Doesn't seem to matter these days.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:50 PM   #48
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Looked at a new $150,000 house lately? Same issues...

Some is just cheap components and some is poor workmanship.

Doesn't seem to matter these days.

Pirate
And don't mention calling a repairman...

I just had to redo what the friggin' so called repairman did to my AC at home. Called the company and told them I had canceled the credit card payment. And just for the record I HAVE PICTURES! I am about to retire and take care of MY stuff full time and the rest of the world can GTH.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #49

Michigan
Dutchman is useless for parts of tech info. Took three weeks to get a shower door piece to lock the sliding glass in place. No clue as to where anything is located on our 3855FL 2013 5iver
J.Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #50

Mississippi
We have a 2013 Infinity and we love it. It has has a few minor issues such as the awning stopped working and the cables for the cable tv were either cut by the prior owner or never hooked up, but we fixed them ourselves. Overall we couldn't be happier.

Curt W is offline   Reply With Quote