Dreaded Water Leak - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #1

Dreaded Water Leak

This past weekend we went to Virginia to camp near our Grandchildren and let them sleep over. While outside I noticed a drip drip drip from near the belly pan. I thought maybe I had not tightened the water hose good and had a drip. Upon inspection the belly pan (coraplast) was bowed downward and full of water just about even with the outside control panel. When I pushed up on it I could feel the water sloshing. I took my pocket knife and made a couple small holes to allow it to drain. All day and all night and all day the thing kept draining. I had figured it was my main line coming in so I turned it off at the tap. No joy there. I reversed the operation and turned on the shore water and drained the onboard tank. A couple hours later the dripping stopped. This told me its the onboard tank leaking or plumbing leading up to it.
Since I have never dropped the belly pan, if I did would I find a mess of wet insulation and a fixable problem(loose pipe or cracked pipe) or should I take it to CW and let them tackle it under extended warranty which of course I pay a deductible.?? Which way would your great guys go. I already have a tire issue in another thread now to deal with. When it rains it pours.. arrrrr

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #2

Wyoming
My opinion... if you believe it's a warranty issue, I'd take it to CW and let them deal with it. That way is anything else goes wrong with it down the line... they can't look at your 'fix", and blame all of the troubles on you.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #3

Thanks Tom for the input. I was kinda thinking that route is why I asked. BTW are you on GL1800 riders.. seems I have seen your handle there also. What a great forum that is too.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #4

Wyoming
Yep... that's me.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote