denali brand - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #1

North Carolina
denali brand

Was looking for comments good or bad on the denali brand of fifth wheel owners. Looking at the 324 model currently for a bunkhouse floor plan

ncrzrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #2

Texas
My Sister and Brother-in-law had a bumper pull, did not like it traded for a Cruiser fifth wheel, nothing but issues, so now they have a Sandpiper fifth wheel, so far its been OK

aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #3

I have a 2008 Denali 5th wheel, 31RGBS-M5 and just love it. I've pulled it to Arizona 3 times, about 5000 miles with no problems. I did upgrade tires, wheels and suspension. It has served me well for 4 years now.
malibuguybc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #4

What kind of suspension upgrads did you do?
Old 02-14-2013, 04:19 AM   #5

I got rid of the China tires, upgraded to 16" BFG Commercial Ta's, new 16" aluminum alloy wheels from Shadow Trailers, Dexter wet bolt kit. Just good peace of mind.
malibuguybc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #6

California
I have a 2007 Denali 5th wheel 26RL. It's overall been a good trailer. It pulls well and feels stable. It has 2 slide outs and they have worked flawlessly. It is comfortable and just the right size for us.
Like any RV it's like a house on wheels. They do take a lot of maintenance.

Some of the problems I have had.
The decals started peeling within a couple of years and they would not stand behind it. I'm not sure if they have improved on them since I bought mine. The warranty of almost all trailers are only a year. Pretty much after that the manufacturers warranty is over they wash their hands of their products. So you may want to consider an extended warranty.
I had a circuit panel go out in my furnace about a year ago. Right now I'm dealing with a bad electrical converter and working on fixing that.
Have problems with my brake lights. They use just wire caps on the wire connections and I camp at the beach a lot and corrosion gets in there and messes with the connections.

I would suggest that if you do get a built in generator. It will make your life easier in the long run.

Like I said earlier, it is a house on wheels and things get tossed around when traveling down the road. So it things will happen.

The problems do out weigh the enjoyment the use of the trailer. I believe the problems are overall no out the norm for a travel trailer.

jsweeneyjr is offline   Reply With Quote